Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Dividend card now has rotating categories like Discover and Chase Freedom

tag
jj10939
Regular Contributor

CITI Dividend card now has rotating categories like Discover and Chase Freedom

This must be something new, but when I logged into my account, I saw that there was an offer to earn 5% cash back on airline, hotels, and car rentals this quarter and it said there will be rotating categories.  I thought this was pretty cool considering Discover caps at $300 for the 5% cash back on gas this quarter.  I called customer service and she said there was no cap on this offer, just the $300 max dividend dollars per year.

I was considering getting a Chase Freedom, but with this new reward program from CITI, I don't need to!  Just thought I would share what I found...maybe it is not new and I just missed it all this time.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: CITI Dividend card now has rotating categories like Discover and Chase Freedom

@jj10939 wrote:

This must be something new, but when I logged into my account, I saw that there was an offer to earn 5% cash back on airline, hotels, and car rentals this quarter and it said there will be rotating categories.  I thought this was pretty cool considering Discover caps at $300 for the 5% cash back on gas this quarter.  I called customer service and she said there was no cap on this offer, just the $300 max dividend dollars per year.

I was considering getting a Chase Freedom, but with this new reward program from CITI, I don't need to!  Just thought I would share what I found...maybe it is not new and I just missed it all this time.

I've had this rewards feature for about 6 months now... its nice because their categories mirror Freedom's categories just about every quarter. The only downfall is the 300 cap.. but not bad.

Message 2 of 3
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI Dividend card now has rotating categories like Discover and Chase Freedom

This isn't new, Citi Dividend has rotating category for quite some time. You just never realized.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.