Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI FAIL.GARDEN FAIL..SUPER FAIL

tag
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

CITI FAIL.GARDEN FAIL..SUPER FAIL

Such a fail...

I was browsing the boards like usual earlier today, and someone mentioned the Citi SImplicity card for the balance transfer feature. I looked into it some more and thought it sounded like a good idea because of a recent pet surgery I am holding a $4000 balance (split between two cards).

I knew it wasnt smart! I have new accounts, a ridiculous amount of inquires, 4k balance reporting on my CR. I just knew it was dumb. The browser I was applying on even closed on me twice during the application. ALl signs pointed to do the right thing and close the page.

INSTANT DENIAL.

I tried calling a couple numbers on the "backdoor numbers" thread, and they wouldnt budge.

I fell out of the garden after less than three weeks in it. Failed on the recon. I am so mad at myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so greatful to recon and be successful with Chase Bank a couple weeks ago, I dont know why I did this.

Heres to the next two years looking at another inquiry, and resetting my Garden clock. Im thikning I should stop reading the credit card forum for a while because it just makes it too tempting. I went to whogavemecredit dot com and a lot of the scores made me think I had a chance too.

my advice:

STAY IN THE GARDEN AND TRUST YOUR INSTINCT! and when your browser shuts you out of the application, trust that too!

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: CITI FAIL.GARDEN FAIL..SUPER FAIL

Sorry about the rejection. I guess the lesson learned is to always trust your gut. I agree with you- this board can be tempting. Welcome back to the Garden.
Message 2 of 26
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

Thank you....seriously going to garden and avoid reading success stories for a while. I fooled myself into thinking it was smart even though I knew it wasnt! Im going to plant a tree outside so I can watch it grow like my AAOA hah

NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 3 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dddfresh wrote:

Such a fail...

I was browsing the boards like usual earlier today, and someone mentioned the Citi SImplicity card for the balance transfer feature. I looked into it some more and thought it sounded like a good idea because of a recent pet surgery I am holding a $4000 balance (split between two cards).

I knew it wasnt smart! I have new accounts, a ridiculous amount of inquires, 4k balance reporting on my CR. I just knew it was dumb. The browser I was applying on even closed on me twice during the application. ALl signs pointed to do the right thing and close the page.

INSTANT DENIAL.

I tried calling a couple numbers on the "backdoor numbers" thread, and they wouldnt budge.

I fell out of the garden after less than three weeks in it. Failed on the recon. I am so mad at myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so greatful to recon and be successful with Chase Bank a couple weeks ago, I dont know why I did this.

Heres to the next two years looking at another inquiry, and resetting my Garden clock. Im thikning I should stop reading the credit card forum for a while because it just makes it too tempting. I went to whogavemecredit dot com and a lot of the scores made me think I had a chance too.

my advice:

STAY IN THE GARDEN AND TRUST YOUR INSTINCT! and when your browser shuts you out of the application, trust that too!

Don't beat yourself up!!!!

Heres your shovel, get back to that garden and make a real goal for yourself and STICK TO IT!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 26
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

I deserve the beating lol....thank you for the pictures though!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 26
HiLine
Blogger

Just about everyone on this board has been denied for credit before. So....

@LS2982 wrote:

Heres your shovel, get back to that garden and make a real goal for yourself and STICK TO IT!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Robot Very Happy

Message 6 of 26
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear, you are always welcome back to the garden. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 26
danielodonoll
New Contributor

I dont think is the forum! The forum is gold

The forum is the beacon to exit the tunnel of darkness.I personally don't know what would I do with out this forum,who would I become.........

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 8 of 26
myjourney
Super Contributor

dddfresh its ok...you will get tempted again but follow your first thought and your plan

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 26
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear this. It seems Citi is ultra tight lately even with all the mailings they send out.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.