Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Forward - more processing + called back door line + need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CITI Forward - more processing + called back door line + need advice

Thank you for the response.  I have a credit monitoring service now and actually have a freecreditreport.com membership which pull experian.  I know there isnt anything on there that is currently delinquent and nothing else that Im not aware of.  

I probalby should ask the question:  Has anyone gotten approved for this card with past delinquents but currently currently accounts? and paid collections?

Message 11 of 16
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

I am a medical student and my schools loans are currently deferred however, at one point in time aroudn the end of 2010, I was behind on my school loans because I assumed that they knew I was in school, but apparently I was supposed to fax Sallie Mae an in-school deferment form to let them know.  So some of my loans (all closed or transferred accounts now because I consolidated) have 30 and 60 day delinquent on them; but these arent current delinquents.  

I would also dispute those lates as they shouldn't have been reported late since you were in school. I had the same issue from 2010 and got it corrected because they were supposed to be deferred. Once corrected it gave me a 15 point boost, which doesn't seem like much, but could be a make it or break it when it comes to applying for new credit.

;Starting Score: Low 500s FICO Aug 2008
Current Score: EQ 668 EX 723 TU 723 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 720s Across the Board! Almost there!

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I will try to dispute those.  I believe in the past they told me theres nothing they can do.  

I faxed a quick letter with my credit report, explaining the whole ordeal.  Should I send another letter mentioning Captial One approved me for $2k?  would that make a difference?

Thanks everyone

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also if anyone knows if this card is not attainable with paid collections on credit report?

Message 14 of 16
logan_720
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also if anyone knows if this card is not attainable with paid collections on credit report?

I doubt it would make a difference, since you appped for the CapitaL One card, and were approved first they might have been already able to see that, although I'm not sure. It wouldn't hurt. Citi is very hard to recon with though. I apped for the same card and was denied just for inquries, and wrote a letter plus called and was still denied...Good luck though!

Message 15 of 16
honky
Regular Contributor

I recently was approved for this card.  I do have a couple  90 lates from 2007 on my report, but everything is current. 

My reports from 2 months ago showed a couple 6 yr old collections, but they have fallen off my EQ/TU report now...I do not think they were there when I was approved, but I did not check my EX report before I apped.  The EX score was lower than my other scores, so it is possible I still had a paid colelction showing on the report Citi pulled.

They did give me a very generous cl.  Double the account I was an AU, and 8 times true highest cl.

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.