Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Hilton Honors Reserve Pre-Approval

tag
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

CITI Hilton Honors Reserve Pre-Approval

MAN!!!!!!

I received a GEORGEOUS envelope stuffed full of very well published literature covering all the features of a Hilton Honors Reserve Visa card from CitiBank. Accompanying all the pretty pictures was a Pre-Approved application document on what had to be 30lb+ paper. It even had the so very authentic OCR type on the part that you fill your name and pertinant information on. BOY I'M SWEATING!!!

I've done alot in the past couple months with an Amex Plat upgrade, a new Citi Diamond Preff'd app and a Chase card PC to  a Freedom card as well as an unsuccessful attempt at a Starwood Pref'd card so I've got lots of gardening that I need to do.

I needed to write a post because this mail offer is on the line of the mail I received when first apping and being approved for an Amex Gold a few years ago. So incredibly tempting but I must resist (all as I gaze over at the sepia colored Hilton Hotel chain logos dancing on the backside of the paper. Whewwwww, I need a cold shower!!!!!

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RHAL
Regular Contributor

Re: CITI Hilton Honors Reserve Pre-Approval

Ohhh man!! I don't think I would have the strength to resist that one! I just recently pc'd to the reserve card and am waiting for it in the mail. Those two free stays for applying could be worth over $3000!!!!

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

Starting Score: (9/27/10)TU:602 EQ:567
Current Score: TU:670 EQ:670 EX: 706 chase pull
Goal Score: TU:700 EQ:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 2 of 7
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@RHAL wrote:

Ohhh man!! I don't think I would have the strength to resist that one! I just recently pc'd to the reserve card and am waiting for it in the mail. Those two free stays for applying could be worth over $3000!!!!

Hey Bud (RHAL) THANKS for the encouraging words...Smiley Frustrated!!! just joking.

What I'd hoped was to allow my new Diamond Preff'd to mmature just a bit (6 months) and combine it with my Citi Thankyou. Just got the Diamond to take advantage of the free 18 month cash option. That check came in the mail today as well. May try and do a pc to this Citi HH offer then if still available to me. 

I love how the Diamond Pref looks, but there is no additional benefit once the 10 month free cash period is up. Combining will at least allow me to get one card with a 10k+ CL. Got concierge service via Amex.

At the time that I app'd for the Diamond Pref, the new Citi HH card was just coming out. And of course I wouldn't have thought that I would have gotten a pre-approval for it two months later???

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 3 of 7
RHAL
Regular Contributor

The only thing about pcing to this card is you will miss out on the two free night stays. You will get one free night per year with it, but the two to start are big time! Take a look online at what cat-7 hilton stays are charging. It also takes 45 days to pc, and I was told when I pc'd that the co branded cards can only pc into co branded cards.

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold NPSL, AMEX HH 1k, Citi Hilton Reserve VS, CSP 9.2k, Chase Freedom 6.7k, Chase Sapphire 5.2k, USAA AMEX 2k, Cap 1 Cash 1.2k, BBRZ MC 500, Barclaycard Apple 1.5k, Barclay Ring 4.5k, Bank Americard 123 5.5k, NFCU Cash 14k

My wallet? AMEX PR Gold, Citi Hilton Gold, Cap 1 Cash, BBRZ MC, Barclaycard Apple, Bank Americard Cash
Message 4 of 7
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

I have to say that if I get one, I'm going for it. I'll prob app for it in few months anyway. Going to Hilton Hawaii in Jan. You have to spend the $2500 in first 4 months I believe so I need to wait.

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 5 of 7
RHAL
Regular Contributor

Ohh ya! Those free nights would be worth like 250000 points at a cat 7! Ok Ok! I may have exgaterated a little, but not much. lol

Message 6 of 7
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@RHAL wrote:

The only thing about pcing to this card is you will miss out on the two free night stays. You will get one free night per year with it, but the two to start are big time! Take a look online at what cat-7 hilton stays are charging. It also takes 45 days to pc, and I was told when I pc'd that the co branded cards can only pc into co branded cards.

Thanks for the sanity tip. When it's time, I'll app in rather than pc. The free nights will be worth it, plus I've have a positive relationship with Citi for more than two years now.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.