Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Luv Button

tag
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: CITI Luv Button

Citi is really good about telling you if they will hard inquiry you.. if you call in and ask.

The website is a crap shoot.  My Plat select gave me an increase with out an inquiry.  My AA visa Signature ended up with a hard on EQ.

Message 11 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@fused wrote:

I'm totally shocked! CITI gave me the whole 5K. I checked all three of my reports and CITI did hard me. I have a new inq on TU. CITI NEVER disclosed that they would pull my report(s). Jerks!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

I'm glad you got your CLI but I'm sorry about the HP. I think I will just leave mine alone for right now.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 12 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@fused wrote:

I'm totally shocked! CITI gave me the whole 5K. I checked all three of my reports and CITI did hard me. I have a new inq on TU. CITI NEVER disclosed that they would pull my report(s). Jerks!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

I'm glad you got your CLI but I'm sorry about the HP. I think I will just leave mine alone for right now.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

CITI insisted they disclosed they would pull my credit, I know they didn't. I wouldn't have requested for a CLI if I knew they would hard me.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

I requested a CLI from 6300 to 10000 via emailing them. I got a response back asking to call in also was given an instant CLI to 8100. I called up the numebr and they did tell me that ahard pull is needed to give that jump and I denied of hard pul so am sitting with that limit for few months now.  

Message 14 of 18
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I would of giving up a hard hit for a $5K CLI Smiley Happy

Base on my experience in the past, CITI always hard IQ for CLI.

Message 15 of 18
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:

I know you're happy on this one, regardless of one HP... and for 5K? ... nice!!

Congrats!!  Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 18
score_building
Senior Contributor

5K is a nice jump, so long as the pull isn't a bother to ya, Congrats!

IIRC > 3/4 of my online CLI requests from Citi over the past few years came hard free but a few months ago the one that I recall which resulted in a HP was not disclosed either (though IME it usually is) 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 17 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Its a matter of principle. CITI is required to disclose to applicants that their credit will be pulled. I want other consumers to be protected too. As for the 5K CLI, I'm thrilled.Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.