Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI - NO Thank You - Welcome to Home Depot

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

CITI - NO Thank You - Welcome to Home Depot

I paid down my utilization this month, as I was considering some apps.

I had a big pile of CITI invitations (mail), Thank You, Simpilicity, DIamond Preferred with various incentives for each month of expiration.  Since I was approved for BIG O tires store  card last month, I thought I had a small chance.  So I gave it a shot.   Not suprising I was Denied.

I also had a Home Depot preapproval to apply, which I think came because of the Big O tires approval ($2300 CL).   So I gave it a shot next.    Approved with $7000 CL.  I was very suprised at that.    Thats a lot of light bulbs!    Anyway I shop there and it will help a lot with my utlization, since I have 2 balances at 0% which won't be paid until next year.  

So for me, blacklisting does not apply to store cards, since I have a charge off to them still on the report.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: CITI - NO Thank You - Welcome to Home Depot

That's a nice limit with hd congrats! I
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 2 of 7
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Congrats! awesome Cl on the Home Depot card!  On the CITI denial, did they still do a HP?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 7
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the HD approval. Nice starting limit!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

Congrats! awesome Cl on the Home Depot card!  On the CITI denial, did they still do a HP?

Most likely.    I have to wait on the letter in the mail.

Message 5 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

For Citi Thank You  Denial

"Credit priviliges on your existing accounts are currently restricted"   

I think that means I am blacklisted, except for store cards.

Message 6 of 7
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

I paid down my utilization this month, as I was considering some apps.

I had a big pile of CITI invitations (mail), Thank You, Simpilicity, DIamond Preferred with various incentives for each month of expiration.  Since I was approved for BIG O tires store  card last month, I thought I had a small chance.  So I gave it a shot.   Not suprising I was Denied.

I also had a Home Depot preapproval to apply, which I think came because of the Big O tires approval ($2300 CL).   So I gave it a shot next.    Approved with $7000 CL.  I was very suprised at that.    Thats a lot of light bulbs!    Anyway I shop there and it will help a lot with my utlization, since I have 2 balances at 0% which won't be paid until next year.  

So for me, blacklisting does not apply to store cards, since I have a charge off to them still on the report.

HATE HOME DEPOT with an endless passion, but looks like you received a pre approval with rcwilley. i have credit with rcwilley; it is my oldest account.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.