Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Price Rewind

tag
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

CITI Price Rewind

I planning on getting a OnePlusOne mobile and I wanna test the CITI Price Rewind feature on my Premier card which I got recently. I believe the price will go down a bit after the announcement of the next version OnePlusTwo some time next month. I tried searching for the product in Citi Site and I could not find it out. Can some one please help me with this?

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI Price Rewind

I believe that Price Rewind does allow the customer to submit proof of a price drop even if the automated software were unable to find it.

Message 2 of 7
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

Does the price reduction has to be in the same website which I bought? Also will they honor if they are limited time offers like say the BlackFriday deals.

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 3 of 7
yfan
Valued Contributor

@Beckhsrules wrote:

Does the price reduction has to be in the same website which I bought? Also will they honor if they are limited time offers like say the BlackFriday deals.

I doubt it has to be the same vendor. The Price Rewind is essentially an enhanced version of Mastercard's Price Protection feature - which is merchant independent. The only thing Citi does is automates the process. I have no experience with Citi or Mastercard's actual handling of an actual case though. But when I found a Black Friday sale on my smartwatch that I had already purchased with my Discover card, Discover refunded me the difference (not the same merchant).

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beckhsrules wrote:

I planning on getting a OnePlusOne mobile and I wanna test the CITI Price Rewind feature on my Premier card which I got recently. I believe the price will go down a bit after the announcement of the next version OnePlusTwo some time next month. I tried searching for the product in Citi Site and I could not find it out. Can some one please help me with this?

Here's the info from Citi in what to do if you can't find the item in their database:

I searched for an item but Citi Price Rewind did not find a match. What should I do?
First, you should try using other search terms such as the UPC Code, a more detailed product description or model number. You should also make sure you spelled your item correctly. If you still do not receive a match, it is possible that the item is not found in the database. If you found a lower advertised price on your own, please submit a manual claim form. You will need to provide the advertisement containing the lower price for your item, and a copy of the itemized receipt for the item purchased that was made entirely with your Citi credit card.
Please review the section, "WHAT'S NOT COVERED" in Guide to Citi Price Rewind Benefit.
The advertisement of the lower price must have been published or made available within 60 calendar days after your purchase date and must be for the same item by the same manufacturer for a lower price.

Message 5 of 7
noobody
Established Contributor

I read somewhere, citi or whoever take care the program put so many huddles in front of you, make it next to impossible or worth spending time and energy to "rewind"
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 7
icloud2525
Frequent Contributor

I used Citi price rewind twice. Both were extremely easy. There's 2 forms to fill out if I remember correctly, just fill them out, basic info, and fax over ad that shows discount price and original reciept. I found a TV I bought on some obscure, never heard before website for about $150 less than I paid from Best Buy. Faxed over the info, recieved a check a few weeks later. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve $32.5K, Amex BCP $20K, Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Hilton Surpass $13,500, Amex Hilton $16,200, Discover it $16,000, Citi TYP $18,900, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $12,000, Virgin Atlantic World Elite MC $13,100, Merrill+ Visa Sig $10,000, Fidelity Visa Sig $14,000, Barclay Cash Forward $16,500, Wells Fargo Rewards $12,500, Local CU $7000, Barclay Apple Rewards $5500, Chase Freedom $5000,-- EQ FICO 768, EX FICO 777, TU FICO 781
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.