Valued Contributor
tray

CITI'S GLOBAL CHIP?

Hi everyone, I am taking a trip to europe this summer and want to inquire to see if I can get a global chip with citi and was wondering if anyone knows of a good backdoor number I can use to speak with a higher rep about this, the backdoor numbers thread seem to be towards new accounts/ and retention, thanks for any information.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Frequent Contributor
ArisGreek

Re: CITI'S GLOBAL CHIP?

When I got it I just talked to a normal customer service person. Not all cards are eligible for it. Plus it seems you need to meet a certain criteria -- whatever that is. I got it on my TY Preferred card last year but recently PCed to Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select VISA and got it on that. 

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Established Contributor
espnjunkie

I'm kinda surprised that the USA has not transitioned to chip and pin systems like Europe has. In the US having a chip is something special and unique, while in Europe every single card will have them. If they want to charge you a fee for it I would refuse as their European branches/subsidiaries provide them for no additional cost.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), US Bank Business
TU-778 (04/28/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Senior Contributor
john398

espnjunkie wrote:

I'm kinda surprised that the USA has not transitioned to chip and pin systems like Europe has. In the US having a chip is something special and unique, while in Europe every single card will have them. If they want to charge you a fee for it I would refuse as their European branches/subsidiaries provide them for no additional cost.

This article has some insite,basicly it would cost a lot of money to change all the readers and with USA bank regulations the banks still maybe liable

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/are-chip-and-pin-credit-cards-coming-2.aspx

Valued Contributor
bribro

I have not yet physically received it, but I recently upgraded my Citi Dividend World MC to a Dividend World Elite MC, and requested an EMV chip to boot (the rep told me no problem). The new card should be arriving in early June.

I did the World Elite upgrade and EMV chip addition in one phone call. I just dialed the number on the back of the card and immediately asked for an account manager. One interesting thing to note, the account manager I spoke to said that in addition to my EMV chip card, they would include a separate, tiny chip for MC's PayPass conactless payment technology.

You can read about the details of my situation here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-World-to-World-Elite-MasterCard/td-p/1286397/page/...

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+