Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI Upgrade?

tag
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Re: CITI Upgrade?

I have the Dividend  and just looked at their cards to PC but yawn it isnt even worth it...their cards are boring

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 21 of 29
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

I have a Platinum Select and I haven't received the letter and it's still listed as a Platinum Select in my account...

Message 22 of 29
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

I have a Platinum Select and I haven't received the letter and it's still listed as a Platinum Select in my account...

Same here and it's still on the 0% promo.  Has a few months to go I think.   Small 1600 limit so not concerned about the change so much.  Not a big Citi fan.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a link to a JPEG of the letter I got in case anyone is interested:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Tl5bD_garnYlgxSVFnMFJGRzA/edit

Also, still haven't gotten it yet, despite noticing the change in my online account last week.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the risk of sounding shallow, I have to say that I received this card today and it feels like a fake card. I am not sure if it's because I have my photo on it or what, but for a "premium" card, it feels pretty cheap. I thought it was a joke for a second but no, it's my new card. I'll be surprised if it makes it to 2015.

Message 25 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Citi is continually "recycling" their product line up based on customer attrition, market dilution and overall portfolio/investment return.  Mostly everyone that has a Citi Platinum Select product (MC or Visa) will be converted to the Diamond Preferred card in various phases throughout 2013.  Folks have the option to switch/PC to another product provided (a) it meets the elegibility criteria, (b) account is not in default/closed, and (c) has been opened for >12 mos.  If elegible, any product conversion usually takes approximately 45 days.

Some anectodal successes have been documented with better reward structures for the Dividend, AAdvantage or ThankYou family of products.  Some even have the option to offer a lower APR if your current Platinum Select card has a nominally higher APR.

Message 26 of 29
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's a link to a JPEG of the letter I got in case anyone is interested:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Tl5bD_garnYlgxSVFnMFJGRzA/edit

Also, still haven't gotten it yet, despite noticing the change in my online account last week.

Clicking on your link results in a general sign-in page at google asking for an email and password

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I revised the security setting for the document. Try this link:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Tl5bD_garnYlgxSVFnMFJGRzA/edit?usp=sharing

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same letter last week. I've had the Platnum Select card since Dec 2011 which gave me 21 months no interest. Citi doesn't offer alot of perks but the credit line I got is great and I still have about 6 more months of no interest.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.