cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI VISA to Mastercard PC stories please.

tag
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

My 12th statement with Citi is coming up and I spoke with some guy who said that my Citi TYP Visa will not PC to the Double Cash Mastercard because they are different networks. He also stated that the 12month minimum to PC a product doesn't exist. Is this true? Only reason I'm keeping this card is to one day PC to DC...

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Re: Is Citi Visa to Mastercard product change not possible?

Anyone know?

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 2 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You'll have someone of more Citi experience chime in here soon, but I would think a VS to MC pc would involve a new acct on your reports, since you'll get a new number.

As far as the PC after 12th SM goes, Im sorry I can't help out there, but someone with more Citi experience will...Good luck
Message 3 of 13
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

You would think that they could just update the account number on the CRAs.. I really hope that this won't be the case Smiley Sad

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 4 of 13
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:

Anyone know?

I was able to change my Citi Amex AAdvantge card to the Citi Excecitive WEMC,But this is after I had the Amex for a year,hope this helps

Message 5 of 13
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@sandman2435 wrote:

@Kostya1992 wrote:

Anyone know?

I was able to change my Citi Amex AAdvantge card to the Citi Excecitive WEMC,But this is after I had the Amex for a year,hope this helps

Sweet. How did this affect your CRAs? Did your account number change?

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 6 of 13
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@sandman2435 wrote:

@Kostya1992 wrote:

Anyone know?

Sweet. How did this affect your CRAs? Did your account number change?

I can't speak on behalf of Citi, but with Bank of America, they just update the account number on your credit report. However, with PenFed, they closed the old account, and opened a new account on the CRA with the original opening date.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 7 of 13
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Would like more info on this. Anyone else have stories?

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CITI VISA to Mastercard PC stories please.

Just asked in a message the other day.  Came back with it's complicated, please call..............Haven't called yet.  Waiting until Tuesday.

Message 9 of 13
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Re: CITI VISA to Mastercard PC stories please.

@Anonymous wrote:

Just asked in a message the other day.  Came back with it's complicated, please call..............Haven't called yet.  Waiting until Tuesday.

The change is possible according to bmw2fyne: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Successful-PC-from-Citi-Diamond-Preferred-to-Double-Cash/td-p/4029031

The question is how does this affect the CRA reports since the account numbers will change?

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.