Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI and inquiry sensitivity!!!

tag
MMart078
Regular Contributor

CITI and inquiry sensitivity!!!

So I kept getting this offer to apply for a CITI forward card. I currently hold a platinum select. So I applied, and I get denied and they tell me it is because of the number of inquiries 3 in last 6 months 4 including the one for the card. So I have been calling trying to get the decision overturned multiple times. So today the CSR tells me that Citi does not like to see more than 2 inquires on your report in the last 6 months (2 of the 4 are from them) and the other two are from loan shopping (auto) like WTH? So does this mean I am SOL, I dont need the credit, but I figured I would have an additional one considering the one bank I applied for with the auto loan said they needed to see 5 trade lines and 3 different types before they approve car loans. In an effort to create this mix do you think I should apply for a gas card and if so which one? I have limited credit but a stable income.  
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: CITI and inquiry sensitivity!!!

yes citi seems to have stopped the possibility of overturning a "computer" generated decision (I hate when banks do this)

Chevron/Texaco is through GE, easy one to get, not so hot CL but it is just a gas card 

Message 2 of 3
MMart078
Regular Contributor

Re: CITI and inquiry sensitivity!!!

@Creditaddict wrote:

yes citi seems to have stopped the possibility of overturning a "computer" generated decision (I hate when banks do this)

Chevron/Texaco is through GE, easy one to get, not so hot CL but it is just a gas card 

I even called the back door number all those times and get the same response.

How inquiry sensitive are they?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.