Regular Contributor
MMart078

CITI and inquiry sensitivity!!!

So I kept getting this offer to apply for a CITI forward card. I currently hold a platinum select. So I applied, and I get denied and they tell me it is because of the number of inquiries 3 in last 6 months 4 including the one for the card. So I have been calling trying to get the decision overturned multiple times. So today the CSR tells me that Citi does not like to see more than 2 inquires on your report in the last 6 months (2 of the 4 are from them) and the other two are from loan shopping (auto) like WTH? So does this mean I am SOL, I dont need the credit, but I figured I would have an additional one considering the one bank I applied for with the auto loan said they needed to see 5 trade lines and 3 different types before they approve car loans. In an effort to create this mix do you think I should apply for a gas card and if so which one? I have limited credit but a stable income.  
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: CITI and inquiry sensitivity!!!

yes citi seems to have stopped the possibility of overturning a "computer" generated decision (I hate when banks do this)

Chevron/Texaco is through GE, easy one to get, not so hot CL but it is just a gas card 

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 686 Prosper(10-30-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
MMart078

Re: CITI and inquiry sensitivity!!!

Creditaddict wrote:

yes citi seems to have stopped the possibility of overturning a "computer" generated decision (I hate when banks do this)

Chevron/Texaco is through GE, easy one to get, not so hot CL but it is just a gas card 

I even called the back door number all those times and get the same response.

How inquiry sensitive are they?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}