Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI cards...

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

CITI cards...

For some reason i have been looking at citi the past few days. I am liking the card but i dont really see a need for it as i use my chase cards the most. 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI cards...

The Chase cards on your sig are far superior to anything Citi offers.

Message 2 of 43
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

really? i thought citi was on par with them...if thats the case they may never find themselves in my wallet. 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 3 of 43
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

Not entirely true. It depends on a persons spending pattern as to what is superior.

Message 4 of 43
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

If you're an AA flier then their AA Select or Executive cards may be of use.

The Citi Hilton Reserve is a good card, and their premier/prestige is good if you fit their targeted audience.

The rest are fairly soso imo.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 43
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Citi isn't that great.
Trust me bro, you're better off without them lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 43
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Citi is horrible. They deny you for stupid reasons then if you try to RECON with them...they pretend they arent looking directly at your credit report and tell you to send them a copy of it with the denial letter attached..reallly CITI? Really?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 7 of 43
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

If you are looking for cashback, look elsewhere. The Thank You Preferred with 5% on groceries, gasoline, and drugstores for 12 months is the only good thing they were offering. They make it difficult to redeem for 1 cent per point, but that deal makes it worth it. Other than that, they are pretty lame. The Dividend always has categories that no one uses, making it worthless.

Message 8 of 43
Rackham94
Established Contributor

OP, around what time did you apply for CSP before or after Freedom? Trying to see what I need to do so I can get CSP as well 

Message 9 of 43
Radek7752
Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

For some reason i have been looking at citi the past few days. I am liking the card but i dont really see a need for it as i use my chase cards the most. 

Most of Citi's cards are lacking when it comes to their rewards programs. I think one of the more useful combinations is the Citi Forward + ThankYou Preferred/Premier/Prestige, although the regular Forward has been removed. I like the Simplicity because I get many offers for balance transfers on it. I just keep my Citi cards because I like diversity and they have decent limits.

I have been hoping they'd make a better ThankYou card that has competitive 5% categories (aside from that old promotional offer) that competes with the Freedom and Discover IT.

BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.