Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI combining cards and credit limits question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI combining cards and credit limits question

I got a CITI Forward card approximately 4 months ago with a CL of $2,300. I've been wanting a CLI for a while, but I know I have to wait 6 months. So instead of trying to get a CLI on my Forward I applied for a new card from CITI, the Diamond Preferred. I got approved instantly with a $6,800 CL.

Now my questions:

1) Would I be able to just call in and combine my CL from the newly approved Diamond Preferred card with my 4 month old Forward card for a total CL of $9,100?

2) I am still waiting to receive my Diamond card so should I try this CL combining before I activate the card?

3) If CITI allows me to combine these two cards, will there still be a new account opened on my credit report? (Assuming I combine the cards before I activate the Diamond card)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI combining cards and credit limits question

I don't think they will let you combine the accounts this soon. You may want to call and tryout. good luck to you.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.