cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI is like an elephant (They never forget)

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: CITI is like an elephant (They never forget)

I'm sure that my fellow CLs and MODS offer excellent advice and unbiased reviews as well. I tend to hang out more in the Credit Card Forum but we all float between the boards.
Message 21 of 52
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Lexie,

I hope it's two statements.  That would be great for me and Amex.  I don't really need the extra credit limit to help with utilization since I now at zero and depending on which one card I let report with a balance, I'm never at more than 5% utilization.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 22 of 52
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Lexie,

They do, but when you get used to seeing a familiar poster, you come to expect that person.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 23 of 52
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 24 of 52
12njoy
Super Contributor

@anyone,

Given my stats in my signature and let's assume that Chase and Discover doesn't hit Experian until late next week.  Let's also assume (big assumption I know) that I get the 3x CLI on BCP.  All that is done, do you think I have a shot with CITI?  I have a total of 5 inquiries on Experian (4 from Amex and 1 from Barclay for CLI).  All are from July 2013 through August 2013.  What do you all think?  

___________ 12Njoy
Message 25 of 52
hot4u
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@Anonymous,

Question for you.  No offense intended (I respect your advice).  How do the community leaders/monitors keep up with all the forums?  It seems like so many forums are going on at once.  I would lose my mind trying to keep up with it all.

Lexie works Hard and Plays Hard...

Lexie 10+ Ft waves tomorrow..

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 26 of 52
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 27 of 52
Xer0_SiN
New Contributor

to me citi is the equivalent to the villian of the story. you really wanna like the guy cause he has all the cool characteristics people like, until you find how dark they can really be. and it doesnt matter the affinity this guy has, cause some people are just gonna root him no matter what! and the thing about the villian is they only really care about themselves or a very select few. now you put that into literal terms and you have citi in a nutshell lol.

i recently applied for citi (hilton honors) and they came back with.

Thank you for applying for Hilton HHonors Visa account. Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your request for the account because of the following:
- Too many recent credit inquiries are recorded on your credit bureau report.
- Too manu recent credit inquiries were recorded on your credit bureau report.

i can see what citi is getting at in my case, and i get it, but whats the point in having two denial reasons almost exactly the same.
NFCU Cash #1: 15000, NFCU Cash #2: 15000, USAA Plat: 10000, USAA AMEX: 10000, Local CU #1: 7500, Chase Hyatt: 5000, NASA FCU: 5000, SDFCU: 5000, FNBO: 5000, Militarystar: 4700, Chase Militarystar: 4700, Local CU #2: 3000, Chase Ink Classic: 3000 Zales: 2700 Discover IT: 1500, GE Amazon: 1400, GE Walmart: 1400, Target: 500, GE Dillards: 300
NFCU LOC: 15000, Local CU LOC: 3000
Message 28 of 52
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol did Chiti violate the law?
Surprise, surprise!!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 29 of 52
12njoy
Super Contributor

@XerO_SiN,

I hear you.  I don't know why, but I want it.  Maybe because I used to have all the major players and now I don't (my own fault).  Or maybe it's because I can't have it that I want it.  I have way more credit than I'll ever use (at this point anyway).  But CITI is CITI.  The only other out there is BOA and I've never really cared to have BOA.  I just don't know.  I've got a little over a week to decide.  I'm leaning toward not doing it, but it's going to be a long week.  Hopefully, Amex comes through for me and I can say enough is enough Smiley LOL

___________ 12Njoy
Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.