cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI pulled my CR without informing me?

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI pulled me CR without informing me?

Ime, never heard of getting an alert for a SP so it's 99% a HP.

Message 11 of 41
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI pulled me CR without informing me?

Yes, this is what Citi does prior to making the decision to unsecure a card. I went through exactly the same thing except for one difference. Citi pulled two hards a day apart. I'm guessing I was still marginal and the first hard had to be kicked upstairs for another review and they pulled a hard again. I still had a couple CAs and a PR so I can understand their caution. In the end they unsecured me and I got to keep the 25k CL.  No way in hell I could have gotten an unsecured 25k CL any other way with those baddies still there.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 12 of 41
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: CITI pulled my CR without informing me?

Citi HPed me an extra few unauthorized times.
After contacting them week after week with no help from various managers, supervisors, and CSRs from prob any country you can think of, including the US, I was able to send them and Equifax a letter explaining my situation and informing them I would seek remedies via the protection afforded by the CFPB.
Literally within a week, I received a notice of deletion of ONLY one inq, however I did get 10 points back on my EQ fico. :-) good luck!
And btw, dispute with EQ; that is what helped me I think. Citi didn't help at all.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 41
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Sometimes I wonder how some customer reps get their jobs. Most of them are sooooo clueless.
"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 14 of 41
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Citi HPed me an extra few unauthorized times.
After contacting them week after week with no help from various managers, supervisors, and CSRs from prob any country you can think of, including the US, I was able to send them and Equifax a letter explaining my situation and informing them I would seek remedies via the protection afforded by the CFPB.
Literally within a week, I received a notice of deletion of ONLY one inq, however I did get 10 points back on my EQ fico. :-) good luck!
And btw, dispute with EQ; that is what helped me I think. Citi didn't help at all.

I think I read somewhere here on myfico to NEVER dispute directly with the CRA. If it really isn't a big deal I guess I'll go ahead and send, in my case, TU a letter (there's no inquiries on EQ or EX.)

And thanks to everyone for their input!

Message 15 of 41
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You can dispute Inqs with the CRAs, but you can't direct dispute them with the creditors.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 41
enharu
Super Contributor

IMO, since you did agree to the agreement, that pull was legitimate.

More importantly, if having your card unsecured is your top priority, I would advise you to just leave things as it is.

Citi somewhat has the reputation of screwing things up more than being able to fix them. If you dispute the inquiry, they might think you do not want the unsecured card and god knows how they gonna screw it up again.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 41
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

IMO, since you did agree to the agreement, that pull was legitimate.

More importantly, if having your card unsecured is your top priority, I would advise you to just leave things as it is.

Citi somewhat has the reputation of screwing things up more than being able to fix them. If you dispute the inquiry, they might think you do not want the unsecured card and god knows how they gonna screw it up again.

I personally believe that this is exceptional advice.  Thank yo enharu.  Smiley Happy

Edited for spelling.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 18 of 41
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

Thanks enharu. The only thing that's eating me up is the second inquiry. What could they have possibly gained by pulling another report 4 days after already HPing and approving me for an unsecured card. I guess the only question left is if the 2 HPs are really worth the CITI Classic MasterCard they are sending me, keeping in mind that they are definitely going to require a third HP to PC. AND the CL is probably the same as the secured card. *DARN YOU CITI!*

Message 19 of 41
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@OptimalCS I wonder the exact same thing. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.