Reply
Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,767
Registered: ‎01-28-2008

CITI's Luv Button

I opened my account 7/9/09.  My statement cuts on the 10th of each month.   Can I expect to see the luv button Nov. 11th? 
Frequent Contributor
moonman
Posts: 293
Registered: ‎05-01-2007

Re: CITI's Luv Button

When i opened my Citi card in march ,I recieved my first cli(luv button apperance) in August and my latest one this month.I noticed that the luv button did show at the beginning each of those months not when my statement cut so it may vary, so be on the lookout beforehand.
Contributor
wajj
Posts: 79
Registered: ‎10-09-2008

Re: CITI's Luv Button

Remember that even though the link appears, it is not a guarantee.  I tried for 3 months before they actually approved me for a CL (and my link didn't show up until I had the card 6 months).
Frequent Contributor
moonman
Posts: 293
Registered: ‎05-01-2007

Re: CITI's Luv Button

From what i learned about Citi's luv here on the forums I was  informed that if you push it and a form appears then it is a hard pull and a cli can be 50/50 but both of my were granted without a credit pull so I accepted them but if a form came up  I would have left it alone.
Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007

Re: CITI's Luv Button

My statement cut on the 2nd and when it didn't appear by the 3rd I was going to give up for another month. It appeared today.
Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,767
Registered: ‎01-28-2008

Re: CITI's Luv Button


smallfry wrote:
My statement cut on the 2nd and when it didn't appear by the 3rd I was going to give up for another month. It appeared today.

When did you open the card?  Is this the first it appeared?

Frequent Contributor
Woolfman
Posts: 498
Registered: ‎01-29-2009

Re: CITI's Luv Button

I was curious about citi and thier cards. Are they any good? i got a preapproval in the mail for thier MC in the mail looks like 18% variable with 10 months 0% offer on purchases and BT's but still the 3% fee.  I have been resisting any APPs lately and probally wont jump at this one either . But thought i would ask about them .

Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 761 From 12/11/2013
Goal Score: 800


Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007

Re: CITI's Luv Button


DI wrote:

smallfry wrote:
My statement cut on the 2nd and when it didn't appear by the 3rd I was going to give up for another month. It appeared today.

When did you open the card?  Is this the first it appeared?


May 2008. Every 3 months but I think this time it was after 2 months. Got 1200. I use the card at least every other month PIF use about 8-9% of the limit.

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009

Re: CITI's Luv Button

My "Luv Button" hard-free CLI's have come at 6 months and 9 months. We'll see what happens at 12 months. So far I am quite pleased.
Senior Contributor
smallfry
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007

Re: CITI's Luv Button


Woolfman wrote:
I was curious about citi and thier cards. Are they any good? i got a preapproval in the mail for thier MC in the mail looks like 18% variable with 10 months 0% offer on purchases and BT's but still the 3% fee.  I have been resisting any APPs lately and probally wont jump at this one either . But thought i would ask about them .

I'd pass on 18% too.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+