Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CITI

I have looked around but couldn't find an answer. Has anyone had any luck getting a CLI from Citi before 6 months? The luv button is showing up on my account online but I have only seen two statements from Citi. I was tempted because I just got a promotion at work and my income has doubled and I was hoping that I might see my CL double (or at least increase!!) Anyone have any experience with this?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Re: CITI

So you've have the card for less than 6 months?

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cutemarty1 wrote:

So you've have the card for less than 6 months?

Yes. I've gotten two statements.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you have to wait 6 months before you will be eligible for a CLI on a citi card. If you go for it online, it will come back with a message saying you are not eligible until 6 months. The CLI button is always there almost since the first statement for most people.

Best way would be to call customer service or a backdoor number and have your limit increased. Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes you have to wait 6 months before you will be eligible for a CLI on a citi card. If you go for it online, it will come back with a message saying you are not eligible until 6 months. The CLI button is always there almost since the first statement for most people.

Best way would be to call customer service or a backdoor number and have your limit increased. Hope this helps.

That is what I thought I had always seen on here but the CSR online said I should go ahead and submit a request.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the luv button different from the "Request a CLI" link under the Tools & Services tab at the top of the page?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the luv button different from the "Request a CLI" link under the Tools & Services tab at the top of the page?

No, I've just always heard a request a cli link refered to as the luv button. I'm new to the lingo here so if I was incorrect in this I apologize!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I've just always heard a request a cli link refered to as the luv button. I'm new to the lingo here so if I was incorrect in this I apologize!

Ah ok I'm not sure either, that's why I asked. Smiley Happy

I know with Amex there is the link under manage your account and sometimes a 2nd button will appear on the page you see all your charges for the current statement.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah ok I'm not sure either, that's why I asked. Smiley Happy

I know with Amex there is the link under manage your account and sometimes a 2nd button will appear on the page you see all your charges for the current statement.

I see that on my GEMB accounts, there will be a link next to my current CL on the homepage and another under manage your account (don't know if that is what its called for sure) I just assumed they were the same thing either way.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.