Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI

tag
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

CITI

Is there a recon number for Citi?  I got approved for a Simplicity card back in October of 2011.  I use it and pay it off monthly but they refuse to give me a credit increase based on a paid collection from 2007.  (It was actually for an apartment, not even a collection for credit!)  Anyway, they approved me for a measley $500 with the collection on file - now its about a year from aging off - but they won't approve a CLI because of it!  So frustrating!

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Re: CITI

I should mention - the other reason they mention is INQ.  6 total from buying a house last year and then buying a refrigerator from Lowe's.  4 of those will be at 12 months on 3/29.

Is it worth trying for CLI again once the INQ fall off?  The first reason listed is that 6 year old collection.  Do they list the reasons for denial in the order that affects their approval?

1.  Collection

2.  Inquiries

3.  Utilization (~20% across all lines, I do have one where the statement cut at 80% that is paid off now.)

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 2 of 3
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: CITI

Citi told me specifically that Id need a FICO of 750 to have a cli request approved!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.