Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIti Financial Review

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CIti Financial Review

Hello, I am new here and I have a qustion that may have been asked before.

So I got the Citi Thank You Premier card with a SL of $5,000. Two weeks after approval I got a letter that they need 4506-T form Request for Tax Transcript. 

I don't want to give them access to my personal tax return as it contains the most sensitve data. 

If this is the case I don't need their business. 

Do you think not sending in the form would result in something negative apart from Closing the account? 

I want to call them and close and just tell them to close my account. 

What do you think?

Much appreciated.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CIti Financial Review

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got the Citi Thank You Premier card with a SL of $5,000. Two weeks after approval I got a letter that they need 4506-T form Request for Tax Transcript. 

I don't want to give them access to my personal tax return as it contains the most sensitve data. 

Do you think not sending in the form would result in something negative apart from Closing the account? 

What do you think?

Much appreciated.

@Anonymous

Welcome to MyFICO

The links are good to read but to answer your question about something negative happening other than closing your accounts), the answer is no, nothing negative would happen but you can expect that you won't ever be able to get a Citi card in the future without providing them the forms,

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you think?

Much appreciated.

@Anonymous

Welcome to MyFICO

The links are good to read but to answer your question about something negative happening other than closing your accounts), the answer is no, nothing negative would happen but you can expect that you won't ever be able to get a Citi card in the future without providing them the forms,

This sounds correct in general but not always 100%.  Quite some time back (not prior to 2014 to clarify) I applied for one of the Hilton cards.  Was met with an immediate 4506 request to which I said FU and wrote it off.  At some point down the road I applied for the Prestige and was immediately approved and have gained (2) very good sized increases since with Citi.

Also, when I applied for the Hilton card my profile was clean and utiilization was 2% so when I applied for the Prestige the only different in profile was a little more age.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you think?

Much appreciated.

@Anonymous

Welcome to MyFICO

This sounds correct in general but not always 100%.  Quite some time back (not prior to 2014 to clarify) I applied for one of the Hilton cards.  Was met with an immediate 4506 request to which I said FU and wrote it off.  At some point down the road I applied for the Prestige and was immediately approved and have gained (2) very good sized increases since with Citi.

Also, when I applied for the Hilton card my profile was clean and utiilization was 2% so when I applied for the Prestige the only different in profile was a little more age.

Oh, that's good to hear and am glad to be wrong.  Guess that they aren't quite as stringent as Amex regarding same issue.  

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the information. I am just waiting for the payment to post, I paid in full my balance and then I will give them a call.

This is my first ever request for 4506.

It was for a larger than usual purchase - which was denined in the first place. 

Message 6 of 23
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you think?

Much appreciated.

@Anonymous

Welcome to MyFICO

Oh, that's good to hear and am glad to be wrong.  Guess that they aren't quite as stringent as Amex regarding same issue.  

MissingCalifornia, did you actually receive the Hilton card?  I ask because I am wondering if not submitting the tax transcript authorization during an application process is treated differently than when it is asked for on an existing account?  Sounds like Citi got spooked either by the first charges or from an account review.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I spoke with them they told me your card is suspended for 30 days because of that large purchase. I was planning to pay it off as soon as it would have posted.

All is good.

C'est la vie, how the french would say.

Message 8 of 23
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I spoke with them they told me your card is suspended for 30 days because of that large purchase. I was planning to pay it off as soon as it would have posted.

All is good.

"Your card is suspended because you used it." 

Makes perfect sense. Smiley Frustrated

Maybe my failure to get back in with Citibank isn't as terrible as I think. Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All is good.

"Your card is suspended because you used it." 

Makes perfect sense. Smiley Frustrated

Maybe my failure to get back in with Citibank isn't as terrible as I think. Smiley LOL

Exactly what I said. My mistake was that I did not called them to let them know that I will make a large purchse. I have also got Chase, Capital One and whenever I would make a large purchase they would just send me an email asking me to verify if I made the purchase. 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.