Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK 48 points drop

tag
Tran92
Regular Contributor

CK 48 points drop

My payments didn't go through on time and it left a balance on all three of my cards.
Local CU: 9/500
Walmart: 36/800
Chevron: 38/600
Would I see a similar drop of score like that on my FICO score as well? If so how long would it take for the score to go back up? After it reports the zero balance next month?
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Re: CK 48 points drop

CK is odd, and can not be taken to seriously.  Did any of these accounts post as late?

You numbers below only show a 4% utl.  This should not have dropped your score 48 points. 

Message 2 of 10
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

I would personally not even take CK score into account - mine dropped in September by almost 100 points (from ~750 to ~660) because of one card reported closed (it has been compromised) and a new replacement card appeared on my file. There was NO other activity at all happening at that point of time (I haven't applied for new cards, my util stayed at more or less constant level, I had no lates etc), so closing one card and opening another one were the only "events" that could have caused ~100 points drop. 

At the same time my Walmart TU FICO has even increased by a couple of points the same month. 

So, scorewise I would say that CK is (at least IMHO) a complete rubbish and in most cases has absolutely no correlation with FICO score movements (even the whole direction of changes - up or down - can be different between CK and actual FICO scores). I use CK only to have a good visualization of my cards portfolio and the history of my balance, that's it.

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 3 of 10
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

I agree, even on the CK site there are hundreds of posts from users that pulled their actual scores and they did not match what CK told them. Usually off by 30-40 points. Recently in another thread someone said that CK counts average age of ALL accounts, and FICO only uses average age of open accounts? Or somethign along those lines? I forget exactly what the details were but it explained the consistent disparity. 

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
Tran92
Regular Contributor

None of my payments were late. Hopefully, my score doesn't drop to low. I'll find out on the next Walmart FICO update. As for the CK and FICO reporting. You had it backwards. CK only calculates AA of account open and FICO consider closed accounts as well.
TU 746 (10/13)

Message 5 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

CK does not count Visa Signature cards in utilization calculation unless the limit is reported.

Message 6 of 10
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Tran92 wrote:
None of my payments were late. Hopefully, my score doesn't drop to low. I'll find out on the next Walmart FICO update. As for the CK and FICO reporting. You had it backwards. CK only calculates AA of account open and FICO consider closed accounts as well.

i wouldnt rely on ck for a score. my mom has a bk reporting and her score is higher then mine for the time being (due to reporting higher util) 

im afraid to see what ck would go too if i have higher then 50% report lol (currently at 20% due to holiday shopping)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

I had a 121 Vantage score increase with CK in one day. What does it tell you about the credibility of the scoring model?

Exactly.

Message 8 of 10
Tran92
Regular Contributor

I try not to rely on the score, but seeing a drop that low scared me a little lol. I was just curious on how accurate of a decrease it could be on my FICO.
TU 746 (10/13)

Message 9 of 10
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Decrease in CK score might well translate into increase of FICO score. As I mentioned before, I experienced this myself several times. 

Their scoring model seem to be very different from "standard" FICO model with not only different calibration (scale), but also with different factors and their impact.

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.