Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK is saying I was late on two CC payments when I wasn't

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK is saying I was late on two CC payments when I wasn't

Hi guys,  

I am super confused.  I logged into CreditKarma this morning and it said I was late making a payment on two of my credit card accounts, a Chase and Barclays. I know that to not be true,  but I called Chase anyway and asked if I had a payment late on either of my Chase accounts and they said no. I then asked if a late payment had reported to the credit bureaus. The CSR said no. I then called Barclays and they said the same thing, no late payments on my Sallie Mae and no reporting to the credit bureaus.

Now, one thing that I did do in the last month was change my billing cycle date so that all my cards would cut around the same time, so maybe Credit Karma is confused because it doesn't have my new billing cycles on file for those cards. But I still paid in full every statement balance on my Chase and Barclays cards (and my cards are all on auto pay in case I forget), so I don't know why it would matter anyway... If CK says you made a late payment, is it a surefire thing that it was reported to the credit bureaus? DoI need to contest this?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CK is saying I was late on two CC payments when I wasn't

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,  

I am super confused.  I logged into CreditKarma this morning and it said I was late making a payment on two of my credit card accounts, a Chase and Barclays. I know that to not be true,  but I called Chase anyway and asked if I had a payment late on either of my Chase accounts and they said no. I then asked if a late payment had reported to the credit bureaus. The CSR said no. I then called Barclays and they said the same thing, no late payments on my Sallie Mae and no reporting to the credit bureaus.

Now, one thing that I did do in the last month was change my billing cycle date so that all my cards would cut around the same time, so maybe Credit Karma is confused because it doesn't have my new billing cycles on file for those cards. But I still paid in full every statement balance on my Chase and Barclays cards (and my cards are all on auto pay in case I forget), so I don't know why it would matter anyway... If CK says you made a late payment, is it a surefire thing that it was reported to the credit bureaus? DoI need to contest this?

CK has been making a lot of mistakes and incorrect reporting lately.  Check a real report and see what it says.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did the same thing to me, they told me I was late on 3 cards that I hadn't even gotten my first bill on yet!  I ignore them and worry about what myfico tells me.  

Message 3 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,  

CK has been making a lot of mistakes and incorrect reporting lately.  Check a real report and see what it says.

+1 you get wat you pay for. Lol. Nothing means nothing. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK reported a late for me on a card I hadn't received yet. I like the free monitoring, but I it's definitely not accurate.

Message 5 of 11
smc733
Valued Contributor

CK has a history of doing this, moreso now since they're doing some site upgrades.  Check back in a few days, I bet its fixed.

If you're really concerned, I'd recommend going ahead and pulling your TU report.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 6 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Credit Karma should be used for entertainment purposes only.
Message 7 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

+1
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely think CK is doing something screwy. I did have lates on my electric bill a couple of years ago, but once it became evident they reported to the credit bureaus )who knew? lol), those payments since have been early every single month. So, took a look at the payment history calendar on CK's site, and apparently the months that WE Energies didn't report have been counted as "delinquencies."  Luckily, I can prove otherwise. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,  

In terms of credit report accuracy, credit karma seems to be showing things slightly off (credit card balances, closed accounts) compared to IdentityGuard (I'm a Costco exec member w/ discount).

My Credit Karma Transunion scored dropped like 90 points out of nowhere, and my Barclay's shows TU >750 and Amex shows EX >750 as well.

Literally, since no new accounts opened (Amex backdated), utilization about the same and no bad records ever.

It's only for reference purposes I guess.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.