Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK reporting reliably?

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

CK reporting reliably?

So I get on CK and for some reason they are showing my Capital One has been removed from Transunion. I haven't closed the account though. It's still open but just SD and I know capital one hasn't closed because there has been minor activity on that card. Would anybody know why this is happening? How reliable is CK with these reports. I would guess that is reliable since they get the reports directly from TU
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: CK reporting reliably?

It might be that cap1 isnt reporting only because it might have a 0 balance or no activity. Do you have a 0 balance on it? Because some lenders wont report then.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 11
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

No I currently have a $60 balance and the last reported balance was this month for a total of $100. That's why I'm not understanding. There's activity.
Message 3 of 11
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

There was a post yesterday about someone's Chase card being removed from CK even though it should have been there. One possibility was that it was a bug with CK. It would worry me and I'd probably check with the lender. My CK is due for an update tomorrow. I wonder if this is widespread.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 4 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

CK has been a little off (or a lot).

A US TU rep and I were laughing about this, no biggy! Cause I can wait.

They had me dispute a ca that agreed to Pfd. They then had me dispute 10 accounts for early removal. I called into TU to see what's up, when ck reported the CA as removed (experian has already removed them), and the others still sitting there.

The central American reps can't give out results of disputes in progress, but US reps can. She said all the early excluded TL's were off, they were waiting for response from the CA, which of course, they won't do.

So CK had the report backwards. Maybe by next month it will report properly. OR, they get a vested interest in keeping low scores low, who knows. One can always contact tech support if the report doesn't update correctly.

There was also another poster that stated cap one replaced a card used at home depot, it just appeared in the mail. I forgot to ask if they replace the reported TL also.

Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 11
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@imperfectfuture that makes perfect sense. Recently my card was replaced by Capital One due to data breach issues for protection. And of course my account number was also changed. That was my initial though in this
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked CK this morning and I lost 3 points because my Auto loan was, according to them, removed because it was paid in full as of August. I sure hope this is an error as it killed my AAOA and I thought closed accounts reported for 10 years?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case, CK has been horribly innaccurate at least on the scoring side.

My report looks the same, but my CK score is like 60 points lower than my actual FICO score, so I'm not sure what formulas they use to determine yoru score. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just checked CK this morning and I lost 3 points because my Auto loan was, according to them, removed because it was paid in full as of August. I sure hope this is an error as it killed my AAOA and I thought closed accounts reported for 10 years?

It stays on your report for 10 yeas. But the moment it was closed. The lender stops reporting. 3 points means. The mix of accounts is list. Not because you paid it off. 

Do you still have open I stamens loans?

it would still count as part of aa of a. Even closed. 

Message 9 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Never concern yourselves with CK's FAKE score ok? I would imagine that it's done on purpose because if they got too close to duplicating FICO scores regularly CK would have to pay for those scores themselves from FICO. Smiley Very Happy 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.