Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL Cap With BK ?

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

CL Cap With BK ?

So I wanted to ask...will my creditors cap me until my Bk falls off in five years?

Here is where I stand now

695 EQ with 8 inq

692 EX with 11 inq

695 TU with 20 inq

I know my scores will go up as the INQ's fall off and I plan on now not applying for 12 months

1 % utilization

150k income

Citi 5k world mastercard...in Feb increased from 200.00 to 5k

Citi Secured Silver 2k is secured portion (card is still secured, just 2k is my deposit, 5k is theirs)...in Feb asked for 5k so now total CL is 7k

Barclays 5k

Bank Of America Cash Visa Sig 5k

So for instance in six or twelve months when I ask Citi for another CLI, do you at some point they will cap them until my BK falls off..or no?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CL Cap With BK ?

@Andy77 wrote:

So I wanted to ask...will my creditors cap me until my Bk falls off in five years? Some will, some wont

Here is where I stand now

695 EQ with 8 inq

692 EX with 11 inq

695 TU with 20 inq

I know my scores will go up as the INQ's fall off and I plan on now not applying for 12 months

1 % utilization

150k income

Citi 5k world mastercard...in Feb increased from 200.00 to 5k

Citi Secured Silver 2k is secured portion (card is still secured, just 2k is my deposit, 5k is theirs)...in Feb asked for 5k so now total CL is 7k

Barclays 5k This one is likely to grow with you regardless of the BK

Bank Of America Cash Visa Sig 5k

So for instance in six or twelve months when I ask Citi for another CLI, do you at some point they will cap them until my BK falls off..or no? I dont deal with Citi but it wouldnt surprise me.

The fact that you have gotten cards from Citi & BoA with a sitting BK shows how times have changed, 15 yrs ago they would have laughed you out the door, I know I lived it. I would diversify your portfolio to multi CUs they will be your friends with a sitting BK.

Message 2 of 4
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I joined penfed and they approved me for their Amex Premium Travel rewards with a 5k limit and their Thrify Credit Service with 500.00 limit, so now I have a CU to add to the mix

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Andy77 wrote:

I joined penfed and they approved me for their Amex Premium Travel rewards with a 5k limit and their Thrify Credit Service with 500.00 limit, so now I have a CU to add to the mix

Cool, Penfed will grow regardless of the BK, grats on getting in Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.