Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL Reallocation - BOA & FIA

tag
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

CL Reallocation - BOA & FIA

Is it possible for me to reallocated my CL's between my FIA Fidelity Amex & my BOA BBR?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: CL Reallocation - BOA & FIA

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Is it possible for me to reallocated my CL's between my FIA Fidelity Amex & my BOA BBR?

AFAIK, No. They are two seperate entities and although the same parent company, not the same at a low enough level to allow interaction between the accounts like that. I am 98% sure this is a no.

Message 2 of 22
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

I think you can.  I have read of this happening over on the CB website.  I have also heard of them giving someone a new account and secretly reducing limits on another FIA account.  I would just call them and ask.

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

AFAIK, No. They are two seperate entities and although the same parent company, not the same at a low enough level to allow interaction between the accounts like that. I am 98% sure this is a no.

Not anymore. Fidelity Amex users got a notice a few months ago that their card is changing from being offered by FIA to being offered by Bank of America. As far as I can tell there is no difference between now between the two cards in terms of who offers them - one is just cobranded. 

@OP

You shouldn't do this in my opinion though. BoA WILL do a HP for a reallocation. Just request a cli on your Fidelity Amex (I am assuming you want extra credit on the Fido Amex and want to just keep the BBR for the TL and free $25 a quarter). If you don't get it immediately, call in. If they won't budge, ask to reallocate. They will almost certainly use the same HP for the re-allocation. 

Message 4 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Not anymore. Fidelity Amex users got a notice a few months ago that their card is changing from being offered by FIA to being offered by Bank of America. As far as I can tell there is no difference between now between the two cards in terms of who offers them - one is just cobranded. 

@OP

You shouldn't do this in my opinion though. BoA WILL do a HP for a reallocation. Just request a cli on your Fidelity Amex (I am assuming you want extra credit on the Fido Amex and want to just keep the BBR for the TL and free $25 a quarter). If you don't get it immediately, call in. If they won't budge, ask to reallocate. They will almost certainly use the same HP for the re-allocation. 

Oh ok, good to know.

I agree though, since BOA does a HP for moving limits anyway, may as well just ask for a CLI instead

Message 5 of 22
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I transferred my Fidelity Amex CL to my BofA CR as recent as June. So yes you should be able to
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 6 of 22
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

Thanks everyone!

I didn't know about the HP for consolidation.  So I will definitely try for a CLI first!

Message 7 of 22
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

Update ...

Requested a CLI on my Fidelity Amex, which was at $12,500.  I asked for $25,000 (matches my highest limits), got the 7-10 day notice, and end up getting $20,000.

I called the current card holders UW number from the backdoor sticky.  Got a very friendly underwriter.  She said they would not have to do a HP to do a CL reallocation.  She said I could call that number any time to move limits around, with only a SP.  Anyway reallocated almost all my BBR CL (was $12,500 as well) over to Fidelity Amex.

So, glad I got a decent CLI with my HP.  HP was on TU, so better than EX at least.  But probably would have rather saved the HP and just reallocated CL's, knowing what I know now.

Message 8 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

What were you basing this on?  This is not an accurate statement at all.

Message 9 of 22
Open123
Super Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Update ...

Requested a CLI on my Fidelity Amex, which was at $12,500.  I asked for $25,000 (matches my highest limits), got the 7-10 day notice, and end up getting $20,000.

I called the current card holders UW number from the backdoor sticky.  Got a very friendly underwriter.  She said they would not have to do a HP to do a CL reallocation.  She said I could call that number any time to move limits around, with only a SP.  Anyway reallocated almost all my BBR CL (was $12,500 as well) over to Fidelity Amex.

So, glad I got a decent CLI with my HP.  HP was on TU, so better than EX at least.  But probably would have rather saved the HP and just reallocated CL's, knowing what I know now.

This is very helpful.  

I had always assumed that a HP was required to reallocate CLs.  I'm in a similar position.  Whopping CL on BofA Cash that would be much more useful transferred to my Fid Amex.  

The UW number for BofA on the sticky?

Thanks!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.