cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL Reduction - How to avoid when paying off?

tag
BlueNightStar
Regular Contributor

Re: CL Reduction - How to avoid when paying off?

That's pretty much how I do it. At first I was very concerned with making huge payments and getting everything paid off ASAP. Then had a crisis and no money because I wasn't saving so back to charging. Then I was using windfall money (taxes, bonus) to make gigantic payments because I thought paying off was the most important thing. Then every one of them started watching me and first I got APR increases and then CLD. I finally realized it was not going to do me any good to pay everything off and have all my CCs at $100 limits or closed. So I decided to stay under the radar, not worry about paying a little bit extra interest by paying off at a slower pace and try to keep my current CCs intact. So far, so good.

I'm sorry about the loss of your father and the family issues that followed. We had a similar situation when my grandmother passed away and my aunt to this day will not talk to my father. What a waste of precious time.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.