Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL exposure for Citi

tag
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

CL exposure for Citi

Just wondering if any of you knew how much credit Citi is willing to extend to an individual. Would it be capped based on a percentage of income?

I just asked for a $1k CLI on my Dividend card and was instantly approved with a SP. That's 3 for 3 with Citi. I was wanting to ask for $1k on my Forward as well, but am concerned about getting a HP. As it stands:

Income: $55k
Dividend CL: $5,950
Forward CL: $5,500
Total exposure: $11,450, or 20.8% of my income.

Ideally I would like the Dividend at $10k. Just don't want to waste my CLI's on the Forward just to be capped before I get the Dividend to $10k (plan on asking for $1k CLI every 6 months).

If it matters, I have had the Forward since November '09 and Dividend since December '11. Perfect payment history and Citi seems to like me.
Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: CL exposure for Citi

my wife has about 75k in credit from citi on 80k income (total about 120k in credit). of course, she's had a citi card since 1990 and never missed a payment. even with that much exposure, she gets pre approvals for other citi cards weekly.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 2 of 5
bs6054
Valued Contributor

I've had a higher exposure than 20% (though not quite CDs wife level!).  Only question is if a 1K increase is worth a potential HP, or better to wait and ask for a larger increase.

Message 3 of 5
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

Well the strategy so far has been to ask for small CLI's with the hope of instant approval and SP. Citi has granted me 3 SP CLI's, and I'm hesitant to push the envelope and (potentially) put myself at greater risk of a HP.
Message 4 of 5
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

Well I went for it and got a $1.5k increase on the Forward with a SP! 4 for 4! I'm so excited!

Before I found this site I had the following
Citi Forward Visa: $4,000
Citi Dividend World MC: $4,500

9 months later:
Citi Forward Visa Sig: $7,000
Citi Dividend World MC: $5,950
PenFed Platinum Rewards: $5,000
Amex PRG: NPSL

Just 2 hard pulls for all of this AND a refi on my car from 7.25% to 1.49%.

Thanks so much everyone!

P.S. Would it be possible to move $4,050 from the Forward to the Dividend to hit $10k? The Forward is a Siggy if that makes any difference.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.