Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL increases! 2011 Update / Goals

tag
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

CL increases! 2011 Update / Goals

Got a Gap Visa/GEMB in December in store.  At the time they approved me for $1400.  When I got the card my CL showed $1800. I guess they bumped me up automatically.

In December 2010 Household Bank MC sent me a letter rewarding me for being a member since 2006.  They automatically increased that card from $1400 t0 $1600.

Two months prior I closed HB Visa card and asked them if they would ever combine the CL's.  No dice. They have not done that in a long time.

QVC/GEMB   penalized for a 30 day late pay in 2005. 1 day past due day! ARGH!. Wrote GW's in 2007 but they never went for it. 

Had a CL at $200 ever since.  Hit the luv button in December 2010 and they raised me slightly higher to $300.  I also noticed when that CL was raised they removed the 30 day late on two of my CR's!!! 

FICO was at 699.  Today = 680.  Got some heavy utilization right now due to a few promo no % rates. Also have 2/3 utilization on my BOA and Discover cards.. yikes!

Balances being carried for the last three months.  Planning to pay majority of that off next month after I get my tax return and hopefully that will bump me back up into the 700 club again.  2 baddies -  the 1 30 day already mentioned and an old medical collection. Both due to fall off at the same time.  2012 is looking good for a new car loan.. maybe =)  Not having car payments the past several months has been really nice!

Happy 2011!!!

*Bought 1st Home on 7/11/07 thanks to myFICO Forums*

4/2013 - FICO: 685
Payment History: Great
Amt of Debt: Not Good
Length: Good
Amt of New Credit: Good

Goal for 2013: Pay down debt! Cross fingers housing market turns around so I can move further south!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
creditchild
Regular Contributor

Re: CL increases! 2011 Update / Goals

hey stacy just wanting  to know,did you score go up/down after the lates were removed?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a good plan! Congrats on the new cards and increases.

Message 3 of 9
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

Down but I doubt that was the reason.  I tossed 3500 on a 4k CL BOA card and another  2500 on a 3k CL Discover Card.

Must get these paid of ASAP!!  Had a few unexpected home repairs and a few expected shopping trips.

Goal for 2013: Pay down debt! Cross fingers housing market turns around so I can move further south!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP: "QVC/GEMB   penalized for a 30 day late pay in 2005. 1 day past due day! ARGH!."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can they mark you thirty days late only 24 hours after the payment was due?  You have to be thirty or more days late to be thirty days late.  I would argue to have that removed if I were you.

Message 5 of 9
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

@ 31 days past due I called them 

30 + 1

A late is a late =(

Sorry if I wasn't clear on the post.

Message 6 of 9
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

I did my 4 mo CLI ritual today

Lowes $1000 up to $3000 done online

Walmart $825 to $950 over phone

JcPenney $1800 to $2500 (didn't want to get greedy over phone

Carcredit will be a yr old when I called he needed to do a CR pull for a cLI told hime to forget it. My CL is $2400.

QVC $1800 to $2200 online

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats mnegron!

That's such a super way to go!

Message 8 of 9
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, its been a long journey and it is now paying off thanks to this forum.Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.