Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL not reported

tag
kal9988
Regular Contributor

CL not reported

My Chase card does not report my credit limit on any of my credit reports. Is the high balance used when determining my Util % ?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: CL not reported

If it's a World or Signature card, probably so, as long as it does report the highest-ever balance.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
kal9988
Regular Contributor

it's not that card, but it does report the highest ever balance.

Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yikes, which one is it?

If Chase is starting to do this on non-World/ Signature cards, util is going to get really interesting! Smiley Surprised

This sounds like what Macy's started doing on its store cards.

eta: For those new to this topic, if high balance is reported, but not the CL, then util is calculated by dividing the reported balance by the high balance, instead of by the CL as is normally done.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
kal9988
Regular Contributor

sorry it is a world mastercard. i'm happy, as the high balance is $600 more than my CL.

Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, that's funny! Smiley Very Happy

OK, calming down now...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.