CL on a Best Buy store card???

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: CL on a Best Buy store card???

@GoodCreditIsMyGoal wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I was approved for a Best Buy credit Card on Friday.  My CL is $1800.

Congrats!!

And nice starting CL!! They only gave me $750 at startup.

Thanks! I was so happy! I've was glad to take advantage of their 18 month financing deal!  Hopefully I will get credit increases on this one. I've heard bad things about their Mastercard so I hope that's not the one I was approved for...but I didn't read anything about an annual fee and stuff like that when I was going through the application process so hopefully it's the store card.  I will find out for sure in 10-14 days which is how long they said it will take to receive the actual card.  To buy the MacBook I just had to enter my social security number and show ID to use the credit.

Did they tell you which card you got approved? 

Ron.

Message 21 of 31
Jstic
Valued Member

My BB limit is $10k. I've had the card for 5-6 years now. I think it started out at $2k.

Message 22 of 31
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

@Ron1 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Congrats!!

Thanks! I was so happy! I've was glad to take advantage of their 18 month financing deal!  Hopefully I will get credit increases on this one. I've heard bad things about their Mastercard so I hope that's not the one I was approved for...but I didn't read anything about an annual fee and stuff like that when I was going through the application process so hopefully it's the store card.  I will find out for sure in 10-14 days which is how long they said it will take to receive the actual card.  To buy the MacBook I just had to enter my social security number and show ID to use the credit.

Ron.

Hi Ron...nope, and I was not aware of this Plan A and Plan B stuff, or about their Mastercard when I applied.  I would have made sure I asked.  From looking back through my paperwork, I think I have Plan A of the store card.  The pamphlet that had the code I had to enter after going through the various steps says its for the "Regular" Account Terms and that the APR is 25.24 OR 27.99 which I"m thinking Plan A is 25.24 and Plan B may be the 27.99.  My APR is 25.24.  Hope I'm right! LOL!

Message 23 of 31
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

I just checked on the Best Buy Forum on their website and a Best Buy rep said that if you were approved for a Mastercard you can not use the account until you receive the credit card, but with the Store Card you can use the account right away without the card, by entering your social security number and showing ID....that's what I did when I purchased my laptop.  So I think it's the store card.Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 31
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Congrats!!

Ron.

Hi Ron...nope, and I was not aware of this Plan A and Plan B stuff, or about their Mastercard when I applied.  I would have made sure I asked.  From looking back through my paperwork, I think I have Plan A of the store card.  The pamphlet that had the code I had to enter after going through the various steps says its for the "Regular" Account Terms and that the APR is 25.24 OR 27.99 which I"m thinking Plan A is 25.24 and Plan B may be the 27.99.  My APR is 25.24.  Hope I'm right! LOL!

It looks like you got approved for Plan A  BB card.  You will able to get CLI after six months. 

Ron.

Message 25 of 31
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

@Ron1 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Congrats!!

Ron.

It looks like you got approved for Plan A  BB card.  You will able to get CLI after six months. 

Ron.

Ron you truly know your stuff!!! Thanks! I just called in to the Customer Service again and this time got a CS person who was very helpful. He told me that it is infact the BB store card! Yes!! Whew! Did not want that Mastercard..lol!  So I am happy that this card will be considered for CLI's.  Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 31
Ron1
Super Contributor

You're welcome.  I think it is better than Mastercard (no AF).  I already finance a lot of stuff from BB without paying a dime of interest. It will save you money. You will get CLI every six months. The best thing is you don't need to bring any card (in case you forgot to bring your card). They can look it up your account number by entering your last four digit of SSN and show them your DL.

Ron.

Message 27 of 31
Woolfman
Established Contributor

I know everyone is different , But in my situation .. I started out at a 750 cl , I had called a few times about a CLI and was told by the rep we had a plan b card and the only way we could get a CLI was to close it and reapply.

About 14 months after having it (during christmas season)  We got a letter from them saying if we charged more than 350.00 to the card during december we would  get a 100 CLI .. We were making purchases during that month anyways so we did and they did raise it to 850.00 ... It was stuck there for almost 1 year and then this last december we called about a CLI and they increased it from 850 to 1100 ..

So just dont lose hope with them .

Message 28 of 31
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

@Ron1 wrote:

You're welcome.  I think it is better than Mastercard (no AF).  I already finance a lot of stuff from BB without paying a dime of interest. It will save you money. You will get CLI every six months. The best thing is you don't need to bring any card (in case you forgot to bring your card). They can look it up your account number by entering your last four digit of SSN and show them your DL.

Ron.

That's good to know! This is a credi card I am really happy to have because it's really going to come in handy over the next few years.

Message 29 of 31
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

@Woolfman wrote:

I know everyone is different , But in my situation .. I started out at a 750 cl , I had called a few times about a CLI and was told by the rep we had a plan b card and the only way we could get a CLI was to close it and reapply.

About 14 months after having it (during christmas season)  We got a letter from them saying if we charged more than 350.00 to the card during december we would  get a 100 CLI .. We were making purchases during that month anyways so we did and they did raise it to 850.00 ... It was stuck there for almost 1 year and then this last december we called about a CLI and they increased it from 850 to 1100 ..

So just dont lose hope with them .

Oh that's great! So you are right, every situation is different.  Right now I'm good with the CL they gave me, any extra in six months or more would just go to helping my utilization since I've used alot of the Limit getting this laptop. I don't plan on purchasing anything else on it until I pay down this laptop.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.