CL's with Capital One

Do Capital One report CLs to the CRA's.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CL's with Capital One

Mine does, it reports both my CL of $15.5K and largets past balance of $586. 
Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes.
Message 2 of 13
b4real_01
Established Member

Thanks
Message 3 of 13
m_jonis
Contributor

No they don't.  They report high limit.

I've been fighting with them for 4 years to get them to report my credit limit.  They still report my 12,500 credit limit as "high limit" of 7,487

Sometimes they report it and sometimes they don't.

Don't even bother disputing with TransUnion.  TU just sends a form letter back stating that they have already verified everything with everyone they do business with because the data is on electronic tapes and it sucks to be you.

Finally made it to 813
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine does, it reports both my CL of $15.5K and largets past balance of $586. 
Message 5 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

m_jonis wrote:

No they don't.  They report high limit.

I've been fighting with them for 4 years to get them to report my credit limit.  They still report my 12,500 credit limit as "high limit" of 7,487

Sometimes they report it and sometimes they don't.

Don't even bother disputing with TransUnion.  TU just sends a form letter back stating that they have already verified everything with everyone they do business with because the data is on electronic tapes and it sucks to be you.

Sorry to hear this, but you're definitely the exception to the rule. Cap1 started reporting properly around a year and a half ago.

Cap1 doesn't offer Visa Signature/ MC World cards, do they? If so, and your card is one of those, that might be the problem --card type rather than issuing bank.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 13
m_jonis
Contributor

You mean this thread right here?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=145611

And yes, Cap 1 does issue Visa Signature cards.  Got my new card 2 months ago in the mail.

Finally made it to 813
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well there you go!
Message 8 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One does have Signature cards. My parents have one.
Message 9 of 13
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

Did you ever discover a way to fix this? I heard myfico figures capital one cards different because of their scoring...

Mine also reports the high limit :/
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.