Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

CL

can't get approved for a decent CL...
anyone
Contributor

Re: CL

Good morning,

What are your scores through the credit agencies, if you dont mind me asking?  If you are rebuilding your credit a low CL should be expected.  Apply for a few credit cards and sit on them.  Use them here and there, pay them off and get some creditbility with that company.  Once you have established yourself for around 6 months, call and/or hit the CLI button on their website.

The process can be slow to get higher CLs but you will eventually get there.  Once you get your scores higher, when you apply for another credit card, you will be pleasantly surprised when you get approved and they give you an initial CL in the thousands.

I can give you my personal experience.  My first couple of credit cards had initial CLs ranging from 500-2500.  Once i established some creditibility, i reapplied for 3 newer credit cards over the past few weeks.  I was approved instantly with all 3:  AMEX Blue Cash $12K CL, Platinum Visa through NavyFCU $13K CL and a Hooters MC with a $5.2K CL.  

So basically a long story short, endure those low CLs for now and reap the rewards later!

Robo
Frequent Contributor

tu 592
eq 624
exp 614

pretty bad, these are from true credit
Established Contributor

hey laryn your ficos might actually be higher that those fakos..I had a difference of 60 points on my Fico .....
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
Frequent Contributor

how much is that a mth to check those?
Established Contributor

I seen a 47.95 for all 3 for a year I think...ScoreWatch
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
Frequent Contributor

my fako ex was 614
fico ex was 583 (that is so upsetting) how to bring this up?  everything else i am happy with

fako trans was 592
fico was 617

fako eq 620
fico eq 658
Established Contributor

Be encouraged..It all depends on whats on your EX report..Are there some derog's /collections late payments stuff like that..If so, have you tried disputing, goodwill letters or pay for deletes...on the otherhand youre in the 600s on 2 of your scores I dont understand why youre not able to obtain a card....
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
Frequent Contributor

I have a few.  I really don't need another.  What's bad it says too many new accounts. 
a few off the cards I paid in full haven't updated on my report will that make a difference.  I have on unpaid collection that I am trying to take care of...
Established Contributor

The ones you have paid in full should make a difference the next time they are reported...Once you get that collection dealt with also should be a bug increase...Pay for delete seems good as long as you get it in writing....
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.