Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD again - US Bank

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: CLD again - US Bank

I was able to go TU and pull my report with SP's. 

Some 'extra' looks perhaps in Dec and Jan.  Maybe just normal end of year and beginning of year checks?

Didn't look too out of the ordinary.

Not sure I can get EQ or EX.

Message 41 of 115
racer-x
Valued Contributor

NRB-  Excellent excellent info/advice.

I am tempted to somewhat ignore what US Bank did and just put the $8k that I have toward the other CC debt as I originally planned.

I may throw a little at US Bank just to get the utilization down to 80%.

I may also call them tomorrow and plead my case....offer them some $ for a partial restoration of my CL...and make sure they know I paid down $14k that they may not have seen.

As far as BT'ing with BOA,  BOA actually called me in November I believe and asked me about my circumstances.  They saw the uptick in my credit usage.  I explained my dauughters lst year in college, unexpected expenses, etc...She was very nice and said they would leave my accounts as they are.  I have a $3000 balance on a $10.1K card and a $0 balance on a $4k card.  They gained my respect just by calling me that day.  I almost feel as if I could talk to them and reassure them that everything is fine and suggest that they SP to see the substantial decreases in my debt if they were concerned.  On the other hand, I won't bother them at all. lol.

As you said, it is what it is, I'll do what I can to minimize the damage, but not worry too much about it. 

My situation looks petty compared to what you've gone through.  Hats off to you for sure....wow.

Message 42 of 115
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@racer-x wrote:

NRB-  Excellent excellent info/advice.

I am tempted to somewhat ignore what US Bank did and just put the $8k that I have toward the other CC debt as I originally planned.

I may throw a little at US Bank just to get the utilization down to 80%.

I may also call them tomorrow and plead my case....offer them some $ for a partial restoration of my CL...and make sure they know I paid down $14k that they may not have seen.

As far as BT'ing with BOA,  BOA actually called me in November I believe and asked me about my circumstances.  They saw the uptick in my credit usage.  I explained my dauughters lst year in college, unexpected expenses, etc...She was very nice and said they would leave my accounts as they are.  I have a $3000 balance on a $10.1K card and a $0 balance on a $4k card.  They gained my respect just by calling me that day.  I almost feel as if I could talk to them and reassure them that everything is fine and suggest that they SP to see the substantial decreases in my debt if they were concerned.  On the other hand, I won't bother them at all. lol.

As you said, it is what it is, I'll do what I can to minimize the damage, but not worry too much about it. 

My situation looks petty compared to what you've gone through.  Hats off to you for sure....wow.

Now that's the way to put in perspective.  And I must say, as a newbie to higher scores, this has been a learning experience for me.  That was great advice to anyone, and I truly hope you take it.  Sorry for the rigors you've been through, goes to show that even when income 4 times another, **bleep** happens, and anyone can find themselves scramblng to deal with it.

Kudos to calm heads prevail, though I know it won't be easy.  But you will have a thicker profile, and tons of experience, going further.  And, your future will be looking brighter soon.

Signature needs updating
Message 43 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Kinda sounds like everyone is passing the buck. They got spooked by your available credit going up and as you state, utilization increasing gradually. Reducing their exposure to the chance of the spiral of doom. 

US Bank says TU made me. TU says US bank did it themselves. It has to be a US bank decision tho. TU supplies the data, us bank chooses who processes the data. Whether its a fico score they are using, a vantage score or some US bank internal voodoo score. 

Perfectly said.

Message 44 of 115
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@racer-x wrote:
Credit- how do i find out who SP's me?

Message sent. Via PM

Message 45 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

Qualifying score for this product is 680 so if you dropped lower than that then that is what they are referring to regarding the low 600s. Further, if you have nearly maxed out the line it is no wonder that they cl'd. That is common for them to do that if they see maxed out products with them and not such hefty payments being paid. Also if your due date is on a weekend and you dont pay it the week before the system "may" consider it late although not reported to the cb's at that time.

Message 46 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Qualifying score for this product is 680 so if you dropped lower than that then that is what they are referring to regarding the low 600s. Further, if you have nearly maxed out the line it is no wonder that they cl'd. That is common for them to do that if they see maxed out products with them and not such hefty payments being paid. Also if your due date is on a weekend and you dont pay it the week before the system "may" consider it late although not reported to the cb's at that time.

His USbank LOC is only maxed out because of the CLD not the other way around

Message 47 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank is not a too big to fail bank at all. In fact when they were given money they were the first to pay it back in full because it wasnt needed. Also, they are the 5th largest and the top 4 are too big or at risk to continue acquiring but  US Bank has been given the green light because they are still small enough. PNC is right behind them and there is a huge difference between US Bank PNC and the top 4. (information obtained as of last tuesday).

Message 48 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

These are all too big to fail banks with the exception of Discover, diversify away from them. 24K on 150K available is nothing, there is too much micro management going on and its the reason I have 1 account with a too big to fail bank. TU itself doesnt give them your FIco, Fico does as they are the ones that generate the score based on the info in your CRs..

my above comment was for you.

Message 49 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

US bank is not going anywhere while Warren Buffet is still living

Message 50 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.