Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD again - US Bank

tag
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Re: CLD again - US Bank

Ghgirl - i was at 50% utlization when us bank CLD'd me to 95%.

Hell, i was at 30% when Chase and Discover dropped the boom on me.
Message 51 of 115
racer-x
Valued Contributor

(ghgirl wrote: Qualifying score for this product is 680 so if you dropped lower than that then that is what they are referring to regarding the low 600s. Further, if you have nearly maxed out the line it is no wonder that they cl'd. That is common for them to do that if they see maxed out products with them and not such hefty payments being paid. Also if your due date is on a weekend and you dont pay it the week before the system "may" consider it late although not reported to the cb's at that time.)

ghgirl - They said it was a 619....way below the 680 threshold you claim.  They told me it was 638 the month before.  Their scoring system is apparently about 60 pts lower than Discover, Walmart, and TU scores. 

How the hell do you get a 619 with no derogs, $100k income,  utilization 21%, $150k CL (previously $175k),  AAoA 2 yrs, 7 of 21 accts reporting balances (soon to be 4 accts).

I think they use EQ or EX when you open an account and they then use their lower scoring TU model to SP you and determine your CLI.  That's probably why getting a CLI is almost impossible with them.  With US Bank 2 yrs ago, I started with the $15k LOC, $10k VISA, and another $5k Harley Davidson VISA, and never had a CLI. 

And as stated, I was at 50% utilization before the CLD.  I was planning on dropping $2k on the account to get it closer to 30% utilization but didn't beat the hammer.

When I make a payment to my US credit accouunts, the payment is immediately taken out of my checking and credited to the credit account immediately, since US bank is (soon to be WAS) my main bank...So there is no delay on weekends or whatever.  Payments are instantaneous.

Message 52 of 115
racer-x
Valued Contributor

I was able to get my SP's on EX, EQ was temporarily down.

There's about 6 out of my 12 or so different creditors that took a looksie at TU and EX between Nov - Jan. 

Some of the cards were expiring at the end of '14 and Jan. of '15.  So I think they were reviewing before they issued a new card with a new EXP date.  Of which I have  received with EXP of '17 and '18.

Some of the creditors that are looking are cards that I have never carried a balance on, ever and have had for several years...i.e. Cap One, Walmart, Lowes, and USAA.

Chase seemed to be the most active on TU.  In the past year, sometimes twice a month, then a 3 month lull, then a couple consecutive weeks....all over the map, but quite active.  And of course they CLD'd pretty hard on 3 accts. $24k to $8.5.

I was concerned with AMEX.  But they only looked at TU once in 6 months.  I have a BCP with $15.1k.  $0 balance, and a PRG that I seldom use.  I made my daughter an AU on the BCP - 1st year at college and starting her credit career.  I'd hate to see that get cut and inadvertently affect her.  She also has a Chase CSP that was cut from $15k to $4.8, but it has a $0 balance.

One thing I notice with the Chase accts I paid off, they reported the $0 balances to the credit reports right away and didn't wait for the statements to cut.  Guess that was a good thing, because my reports wouldn't look as good as they do now and maybe more AA or CLD would have been coming my way from others.

Message 53 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@racer-x wrote:

NRB-  Excellent excellent info/advice.

I am tempted to somewhat ignore what US Bank did and just put the $8k that I have toward the other CC debt as I originally planned.

I may throw a little at US Bank just to get the utilization down to 80%.

I may also call them tomorrow and plead my case....offer them some $ for a partial restoration of my CL...and make sure they know I paid down $14k that they may not have seen.

As far as BT'ing with BOA,  BOA actually called me in November I believe and asked me about my circumstances.  They saw the uptick in my credit usage.  I explained my dauughters lst year in college, unexpected expenses, etc...She was very nice and said they would leave my accounts as they are.  I have a $3000 balance on a $10.1K card and a $0 balance on a $4k card.  They gained my respect just by calling me that day.  I almost feel as if I could talk to them and reassure them that everything is fine and suggest that they SP to see the substantial decreases in my debt if they were concerned.  On the other hand, I won't bother them at all. lol.

As you said, it is what it is, I'll do what I can to minimize the damage, but not worry too much about it. 

My situation looks petty compared to what you've gone through.  Hats off to you for sure....wow.

Interesting ...  US Bank hit me for using 56% of my PLOC. I rounded up some cash and paid it off over two months. Wonder why they have PLOC's if we can't use them? Now they want to do a manual review and asked me for approval for an HP. Talked them out of it for the time being. Will pay all of my credit down to 1% to 2% and probably close up to six accounts dropping $30K+ in credit. Cit is watching me too and I don't owe them anything. FICO Scores must not sway them as I have been in the low 800's for a year now.

Message 54 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

racer-x - will US Bank "balance chase" you with CLD as the PLOC is paid down?
Message 55 of 115
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

certainly a real possability.  If they already cut he PLOC to put him at 95 or 90 util, sounds like they might of already started.

Message 56 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

certainly a real possability.  If they already cut he PLOC to put him at 95 or 90 util, sounds like they might of already started.

I think it's pretty certain that is exactly what they'll do.  That's why he's better to put his available resources elsewhere for now.

Message 57 of 115
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Army - Thanks for your service lst of all.

Others suggested that they may balance chase me.  It was suggested that i call them and plead my case and offer to pay half the current balance for a partial renewal of my original CL...but, US told me that the CLD was computer generated.  So if that's the case, no matter what a 'human' may tell me, the computer may continue to balance chase me if it keeps seeing a 619 from TU.

That's about where I was on my PLOC, a little over 50%.  And as I stated, it's my main bank, direct deposit, I have a $5k Harley davidson visa with $0 balance and a $10k visa at about 30%.  Not sure my file/reports constitute all this BS.

I pulled TU and EX and I see 80% $0 balances,  open, paid as agreed, never late, on my installment loans they say 'account closed-paid as agreed-never late, $0 balance.'

All this came from a 3 month period at the end of the year where I increased my usage and carried more balances.  And now all that so called 'damage' has been reversed by me PIF alot of those accts, but the CR's aren't keeping up with the AA and CLD's.  It's like I missed out by 2 wks and all this would not have happened.

Message 58 of 115
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

. Cit is watching me too and I don't owe them anything. FICO Scores must not sway them as I have been in the low 800's for a year now.

AVV, what makes you think Citi is watching you?  SPs?

Message 59 of 115
racer-x
Valued Contributor

Credit- According to google, I'm at 97.1% uutilization.  Gawd damn!  lol

Message 60 of 115
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.