Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: CLD on First Purchase...

Cash advance on a new card will get ya!
Fico Scores: EQ- HATE U, TU 671 GE, EX 669 Chase(09-15-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Walmart $400
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
MsKiwi

CLD on first purchase...?  Yep that's right...Barclays/Juniper Carnival Sea Miles Platinum.  These people must be out of their ever-loving minds....I was approved for the card a couple weeks ago.  It came in the mail on Tuesday or Wednesday with a $2000 limit. I put about $100 on it over the weekend.  I pull up my account online and instead of the $2000 CL that was there before, it now says $750.  I was like WTH is that about.  I called and they informed me that their system had flagged my account and triggered the CLD.  It seems that if you take a cash advance, even $20, you get your CL zapped

-------------------------------------------

From what I understand companies don't like seeing cash advances at all, especially one of the 1st few transactions. I would imagine that triggered the CLD and not the actual purchase you made. I could be wrong.
Established Contributor
unknown_entity

MsKiwi wrote:

From what I understand companies don't like seeing cash advances at all, especially one of the 1st few transactions. I would imagine that triggered the CLD and not the actual purchase you made. I could be wrong.

If I have to tip toe through my financial day having to worry about what the CCC's think about my spending habits or card usage, what's the point of even having the card?   If everyone that they do this to would immediatly close their accounts, I bet the practice would stop.  That's the only power I have and I exercised it.  If they want to treat people like children, I suggest they reread the human reproductive manual, have some children and treat them that way.  Not Me....NO LAWD! 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+