Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD season has arrived. Amex AA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLD season has arrived. Amex AA

Just received email citing CLD from $5 to $1.9k on BCE. I have a $1500 balance - 0% intro rate. Oh well Smiley Sad

I hope they don't touch my Delta at $13.5
Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLD season has arrived. Amex AA

@Anonymous wrote:
Just received email citing CLD from $5 to $1.9k on BCE. I have a $1500 balance - 0% intro rate. Oh well Smiley Sad

I hope they don't touch my Delta at $13.5

Sorry to hear.  Do you know what caused it?  Has anything changed in your credit profile?

Message 2 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

What sort of spending/repayment behavior have you had on BCE?

Have you opened a lot of new accounts?

Message 3 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked Delta was slashed too. smh

Nothing really. Balances have gone up some (10% util overall) over the last few months, but that's my spending trend and always pay down after holidays.
Message 4 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nothing really. Balances have gone up some (10% util overall) over the last few months, but that's my spending trend and always pay down after holidays.

Is it only 10%?  Has anything else change in your report?  What was the delta card reduced to? Do you have any other cards? If so, what are their limits?  I am asking because it certainly plays a role as to why Amex does this..

Message 5 of 52
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

So Sorry you had to share that disappointing news and right before holiday season too. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 52
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It may be related to the balance transfer you recently did.

You stated that Amex declined your last CLI and listed that as the reason, correct?

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 7 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

What were your payments like?

My EDP is around 25% utilization ($2.5k of $10k at 0%, all from purchases). I've not faced any AA, but I've been repaying new charges plus $400 a month.

Message 8 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this mean that Amx doesn't like balance transfers either? Even though they encourage you to do it?

So sorry, OP. Very disappointing.

Message 9 of 52
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this mean that Amx doesn't like balance transfers either? Even though they encourage you to do it?

So sorry, OP. Very disappointing.

Put it to you like this ML. I've had a promo apr of 6.99% since March of this year good till March of 2016 and I refuse to carry a balance with Amex. I have read way too many horror stories of these AA's from carrying a balance too long with Amex. Now before the naysayers chime in, I am well aware that many have carried a balance without incident. However, I personally choose to put Amex in the pif category.

Message 10 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.