Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI App Spree! BoA

tag
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

CLI App Spree! BoA

Hi guys.

Did a CLI online for my credit cards!   If the LUV Button will trigger a hard pull (such as asking if they may obtain my credit report), I would back out right away!   But last night, I accidentally clicked yes.... ouch and was so afraid they're gonna hit my CR again.   I asked for a 2500 increase last night for my BoA CashRewards Card.  And I get a message saying call for instant decision --- I never called.

And this morning, I checked pageonce on my phone and ---- Your limit has been increased to 7500! Wohoo!!! My second highest limit so far.

Also did a CLI on my AMEX Hilton ---- Denied argh!. Stays at 2000.  Soft pull

Bestbuy Store Card ---  1600 --> 2400!  SP.

Express Men Credit ---  1000 --> 1400!  SP.

Citibank, Denied! Smiley Sad  ---  stays at 7950.  SP (I Hope!)

Macy's       1500 ---> 1800 SP.

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLI App Spree! BoA

Congrats!  Wasn't clear from your post, but did an inquiry land on any of your reports for the BOFA CLI?

I wandered out of the garden today to boost my silly secured card to 5K (strangely I thought the max limit was $4900, maybe my card was opened before they instituted that or something) and took the obligatory HP on TU as a result.  Wondering if for their instant approvals if they're like the auto-CLI's, or whether they count as customer initiated still from the online interface.

        
Message 2 of 9
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

i am actually not sure if i had a hard pull done by bank of America. so far, no alerts yet on my credit report. crossing my fingers. i never had a line increased without hp at boa. what do you think?
My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 3 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@cutemarty1 wrote:
i am actually not sure if i had a hard pull done by bank of America. so far, no alerts yet on my credit report. crossing my fingers. i never had a line increased without hp at boa. what do you think?

I'm pretty close to 100% confident that if you call in and ask, it's a HP.  Any time and every time, likewise on any sort of recon / manual review.

I've also read that their auto-CLI's are just SP's.

Where a grey area seems to be with BOFA and other lenders too, is if you use their online "monkey button" to request the increase... and if it's processed without human interaction, whether it's a HP or not.  I typically assume that it will be a HP regardless, but I'm very interested to hear if yours was or not in the path you took.

        
Message 4 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

BOA is pretty adamant that customer requested CLI's are HP's since youre asking them to re-evaluate your credit worthiness for higher credit line. At least that's that the credit supervisor told me.

Message 5 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CS800 wrote:

BOA is pretty adamant that customer requested CLI's are HP's since youre asking them to re-evaluate your credit worthiness for higher credit line. At least that's that the credit supervisor told me.

That's a little bunk thinking, HP's are designed to inform everyone else that you're seeking (or found) additional credit.  That said, I'm pretty certain that is an accurate statement of their policy, but the question is more on whether the online CLI process uses their stored data from their occasional SP's, or whether it grabs a new report.  I can't remember seeing many people posting their experience with the Request CLI button online with BOFA... I may have just missed it.

        
Message 6 of 9
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

guess what guys. had a hard hit. ouch !

anyway, called for recon since i do not want my credit inquiry to be wasted. the guy was nice and approved me to 10k after being on hold for two minutes.

a reconsideration is not another pull right???
Message 7 of 9
android01
Valued Contributor

I hit the luv button on my BOA card this pas January, and it was a hard pull on TU. Smiley Mad

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 8 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks marty and android.

I'm just hoping that when my secured card graduates, that they'll leave me at the new limit Smiley Wink.

        
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.