Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI BOA & US bank question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI BOA & US bank question

Opened both cards as secured in 2013 both with $500 credit limit. A year later (2014) both cards became unsecured. 

Always using and repaying more then minimum payment or even paying off the balance each month. Both cards are still stuck @ $500 credit limit.

What can I do to get a CLI without a HP ? No luck with auto pull from both banks. And i dont bank with them. Any tips for a nooby.

1. Bank of America Platinum visa

2. Us bank platinum visa

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI BOA & US bank question

I would call them and ask but, BOA is really is stickler when it come to SP CLIS... USB i don't have a clue haven't had one.. Depending on your credit prof. if it means that much just take the hit sounds like since you have made such good history your bound to be approved! Keep us Posted!!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will give them a call tomorrow morning. Problem is that I DO NOT need the extra money. However I would like an increase due to the credit utilization ratio.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA will require a HP for a CLI - I don't think there is a way to avoid it. 

I was in a similar situation as you. I started with the BoA secured card in 2013 it became unsecured a year later. Until I started reading threads on this forum, I had no idea I had other options. So I applied for a CLI (which required a HP) and my CL went from $400 to $5k but they refused to allow me to PC the card to something else. 

Thanks to the suggestion of OP on MyFico I decided to try for the PC again approximately 1-2 weeks later. My request was eventually approved so I now have the BoA Cash Rewards card and I'm very happy with it. To me I think the HP was worth it. I did not necessarily need it but it's nice to have a higher limit. I can use the card and not have to make multiple payments throughout the month and it helps my overall utilization. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.