Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI CAPITAL ONE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI CAPITAL ONE

@daveg38 wrote:

GF just asked for a CLI, it didn't give her an option to choose an amount.

Weird thing is, it gave a 2-3 day message (not 7-10) - what does that mean?

I believe it said if you're enrolled in paperless you'll receive something in your online document folder in 2-3 days. Just happened to me and that's what mine said. It was in my documents folder the next day with the reason, by the way.

Message 21 of 25
Lilalota
Valued Member

hmmm, i never received a CLI from my own request ( both times my requests got declined) but i believe I got a CLI shortly after i made a big purchase ($500+) online. This set off an alert to the fraud department and my purchase was blocked on my account. They called me the next day but I was busy at the time so they left a message for me to call the fraud department to confirm my purchase. I called and talked to a really nice lady and within a few minutes, the block was removed. and voila, some days later, i got a $7500 CLI. I think the nice lady looked at my account and increased the limit for me. Smiley Happy so grateful to her.

Citi Forward: 8,100
CapitalOne VentureOne:18,250
Barclay Rewards: 8,000
Chase Freedom: 2,500 (-_-)
Discover IT:14,500
Newest addition: Citi Double Cash : 3,400
Message 22 of 25
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@mikey78 wrote:

You can call and ask, and after they turn you down, you can message them on facebook and explain your reason of contacting them on facebook and they usually respond and ask you for contact info and then few days later a E.O will call you and ask you some information about how much you want and if you are willing to settle for less 

you can say yes or no but that's up to you

that's how I got my Upgrade and CLI, They couldnt remove the AF on my cards but they gave me a slight CLI 
which reminds me again that i need to be contacting Cap one on facebook again soon Smiley Frustrated

This is essentially what I did.  I've also just emailed the EO directly.  However, the FB route was faster/easier.  I messaged them, and then they called me.  Whereas via email, I emailed, and then they gave me a person/number to call. 

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

@mikey78 wrote:

You can call and ask, and after they turn you down, you can message them on facebook and explain your reason of contacting them on facebook and they usually respond and ask you for contact info and then few days later a E.O will call you and ask you some information about how much you want and if you are willing to settle for less 

you can say yes or no but that's up to you

that's how I got my Upgrade and CLI, They couldnt remove the AF on my cards but they gave me a slight CLI 
which reminds me again that i need to be contacting Cap one on facebook again soon Smiley Frustrated

This is essentially what I did.  I've also just emailed the EO directly.  However, the FB route was faster/easier.  I messaged them, and then they called me.  Whereas via email, I emailed, and then they gave me a person/number to call. 

What or who is EO?  What number did they give you to call?  I just requested increases on both my accounts and got the 2-3 day message.  I attempted this 9 months ago and the reason for denial was I had a late payment (not 30 days late) within 9 months and not enough usage.  Well both of those issues are non issues now and I still got a 2-3 day so I want to talk to someone.  

Message 24 of 25
black_citi
Established Contributor

I got an AUTO cli on my qs mc of 2k. I only had the card 5 months. I never called them or anything since I've had the card. My original limit was 2k. Now I'm at 4k. I'm going to see if I can have the AF taken off. If they say no, I'll still keep the card since the fee is only $39 and won't be due until nov 2015 or so.

I recently (about 2 weeks ago) got approved for their qs visa. I was approved for 3k. Maybe that is why they auto increased me on my other qs card.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.