cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Declined - will time fix the reason for my denial?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI Declined - will time fix the reason for my denial?

So back in March I decided to apply for the CSR the last few days of the $100k bonus. To make sure I was approved I made a $3000k payment on my Cap one 0% CC to get utilization down (its 0% for 18 months).

However I then found out if I opened a ckg and sav with $15k deposit at Chase I could get a $500 bonus while I was at the branch. I called Cap One to cancel my $3k payment but it was too late to cancel. They told me to contact my bank and do a stop payment. No payment was required at the time. I had already paid for the month.I called my bank and did a stop payment. 

I recently requested a CLI on my Cap One card and was denied due to a "recenelty retunred payment on my account".

I HAD the money but simply decided not to give it to cap one and give it to chase for depsoit so I could get the new acct bonus. But obviously they dont know this which I understand.

How long will this follow me with Cap One?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI Declined - will time fix the reason for my denial?

Cap One is all robot underwriting.  Humans have  no control over it.

I believe I've heard they hold a returned payment grudge for up to a year but YMMV based on your credit file thickness and scores.

Message 2 of 4
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I have seen reports of up to a year , I would get in touch with them , throw a fit bc it wasn't like you didn't pay your payment and was late , you decided to simply not go thru with the payment to them
Message 3 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Seems petty on their part but guess they dont like someone making a payment then canceling it. Like i said, pettySmiley Wink
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.