cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Declined :(

Established Contributor

Re: asking for first ever CLI tomorrow!!!

today is the day!!! ahhh, Im so nervous, my other cards are reporting a balance and Im torn between letting them update with a low balance or just going for it today being that the CLI card is at a $0 balance.

Will do this on my lunch btw, a couple more hours to go Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 11 of 18
Epic Contributor

jcstarkey8826 wrote:

today is the day!!! ahhh, Im so nervous, my other cards are reporting a balance and Im torn between letting them update with a low balance or just going for it today being that the CLI card is at a $0 balance.

Will do this on my lunch btw, a couple more hours to go Smiley Happy

When Credit Lines are this low, you should be fine with a little util.

Message 12 of 18
Established Contributor

ok, so I called and asked for the CLI. before we started the CSR said he would have to take some info and fwd it to a credit analyst, they will HP me and review my account to make the decision. He said I could check the status electronically by calling in, typically the decision takes 2-4 business days, or I can wait for the letter they send out which usually takes 7-10.

crossing fingers. Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 13 of 18
Established Contributor

CLI Declined :(

after nine months of using this card with no lates and a $0 balance right now, I was declined. They couldnt tell me the reason, said I would get it in the mail, but Its very frustrating to wait 9 months for a NO. They didnt raise it one penny. I put about 12k through the card in 9 months and had to make multiple payments to it every week to keep using it. Waste of a HP!

The card will now be locked away in the safe deposit box. Sleep tight Charter One. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 18
Established Contributor

Re: CLI Declined :(

never even heard of charter one it sounds like a very subprime card from what I see. You should've applied for Freedom card for an increase instead

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 15 of 18
Established Contributor

distantarray wrote:

never even heard of charter one it sounds like a very subprime card from what I see. You should've applied for Freedom card for an increase instead

Its actually my best card. Its just not wide spread company.

No AF, 1% on all purchases, 3% on my most used category. No overlimit fees. My favorite card, until now lol ive only had chase for one month, so didnt want to try yet.

Message 16 of 18
Established Contributor

jcstarkey8826 wrote:

after nine months of using this card with no lates and a $0 balance right now, I was declined. They couldnt tell me the reason, said I would get it in the mail, but Its very frustrating to wait 9 months for a NO. They didnt raise it one penny. I put about 12k through the card in 9 months and had to make multiple payments to it every week to keep using it. Waste of a HP!

The card will now be locked away in the safe deposit box. Sleep tight Charter One. Smiley Happy

Sounds like a waste of time.  You need to go another route and dump these people.  Keep the card in good standing until you can build elsewhere.  Good luck.

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: 773 EQ(DCU), 757 TU(Barclay), 788 EX(Credit.com)
Goal Score:760 X 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 18
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about your declined request, if I was in your shoes I would wait until my balances are down and app for another card like chase/discover even if you get a low limit the card will grow with you eventually, good luck also if your scores are in the high 600's citi i think is a option also for a card like the platinium select.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 18 of 18