Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Dormant Card Will It Report? Comenity

tag
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

CLI Dormant Card Will It Report? Comenity

I have comenity store cards (primarily to build credit) THey are increasing limits over time... if I pull my report it says last reported 04/2014 ... now that my limit has been increased... will they report the new limit... or will i need to use the card for it to repot again?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dlh4244
Valued Member

Re: CLI Dormant Card Will It Report? Comenity

U will need to use it
Message 2 of 5
ChargeItPlease
Regular Contributor

My Comenity VS card reported my credit limit increases this month. Card has a zero balance and my last purchase was in July.

Starting Score: 400s (2011) Current: EQ 655 (01-2014) Goal: 700 Last app: 01-01-14. No apps 'til 12-2014!
Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I find more often then not Comenity cards need to be used to get the CLI to report quicker and to also allow you for more cli in the near future depending on the store.

Message 4 of 5
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

I have comenity store cards (primarily to build credit) THey are increasing limits over time... if I pull my report it says last reported 04/2014 ... now that my limit has been increased... will they report the new limit... or will i need to use the card for it to repot again?

I've heard that you have to let a balance post, for some amount, to trigger the bureau update reliably.

That being said, one could make a retail store purchase and then return the item in most cases for 30 days. Smiley Wink

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.