Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Limits By Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI Limits By Card?

I just PCed from the US Bank College Student Card to the US Bank Visa Platinum (!!!) and I was wondering if certain cards have unofficial CLs associated with them.  For instance, I assume US Bank is more conservative when it comes to CLs on cards for students vs on a card like the Platinum card, which I assume is the hardest US Bank card to get.

I never tried for a CLI with them (it's at $500) primarily because I didn't/don't need it and also because of the above reason.

Does anyone know if CCCs place limits, official or not, on certain cards?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI Limits By Card?

I've read on these boards that CCCs do place ceilings on cards.
Message 2 of 9
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if CCCs place limits, official or not, on certain cards?

They do but it variew by issuer and card.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Many Cards geared towards rebuilding, starting, college etc. have pretty low ceilings but once you upgrade in your case from college to regular, I would put in for an increase! it most likely with cost you a HP but it would be way worth it.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Many Cards geared towards rebuilding, starting, college etc. have pretty low ceilings but once you upgrade in your case from college to regular, I would put in for an increase! it most likely with cost you a HP but it would be way worth it.

Ok thank you, that's what I figured.  Same 3x current limit rule applies I assume?

Message 5 of 9
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I would presume they have different guidelines on  CLIs on student card versus a non student card.  With US Bank being a very conservative lender I would wait on a CLI request for a while. How long have you had the card?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AndySoCal wrote:

I would presume they have different guidelines on  CLIs on student card versus a non student card.  With US Bank being a very conservative lender I would wait on a CLI request for a while. How long have you had the card?

I've had the student card since 2/2010, but I did a PC to platinum on Friday.  I never tried for a CLI on the student card, though I was never late on it either.

Message 7 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

@-Cain- wrote:
I've read on these boards that CCCs do place ceilings on cards.

My cap one rebuilder had a $3000 ceiling.

Message 8 of 9
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I would wait  for a few months then ask for CLI. I would also pull your credit report from here before you do to make sure everything credit wise okay. It would also give you idea where your score is as well.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.