Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI - NFCU

tag
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

CLI - NFCU

I was initally approved for a 2k line through NFCU cashrewards card about 1.5 years ago (same time my fico was around 550's).  Fast forward to today (after some baddies fell offf) my score is 685 and decided to "pull the trigger" after viewing several differnt threads on this board about CLI and app's for Credit Cards.  I was insta-approved for $7500 (wasn't sure how high to go, and didn't want to see the 3-5days messsage!!!).  Almost a 4x limit increase, this helps drop utilization (which I keep the card around 300-500 and will stay at!!!).  After the .00001 secs to approve, I decided to shoot for the visa flag card (this time I got a 2-3 days to process message).  I will not be applying for anymore credit cards, want my Age of accounts to increse and credit inq's to drop off (not sure if NFCU did a HP yet).

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Karunch
Contributor

Re: CLI - NFCU

Congrats!  That's a pretty nice CLI! 

Message 2 of 23
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the CLI and also possible approval !! You might end up with two separate HPs ( NFCU is pull~happy Smiley Tongue ) but IMO it is worth it !
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, mine was an Auto CLI with just a soft pull super awesome!!!

Message 4 of 23
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

I hope it was a SP for at least the increase, if the card is denied I will be reconing and asking for the 5k limit on it and put the other card at 2.5k (makes since in my mind, same credit line; just on 2 seperate cards).  Well will know by Thursday at the latest *watche's the clock tick by*.

Message 5 of 23
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

So got a txt message this morning saying "approved" for the flagship. 

Message 6 of 23
journey258
Frequent Contributor

Awesome!

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 7 of 23
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@skyisthelimit wrote:

So got a txt message this morning saying "approved" for the flagship. 

Congrats !  Definately let us know once you find out how many HPs they did.....Smiley Wink

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 23
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Well it has been over a month and CLI alongwith the new card are reporting.  There is no HP showing up on my credit report!  This makes me app'ing for cards in Jan that better of a chance to be approved!!!

Message 9 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Wow awesome!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.