Established Contributor
2NE1

Re: CLI - NFCU

skyisthelimit wrote:

Well it has been over a month and CLI alongwith the new card are reporting.  There is no HP showing up on my credit report!  This makes me app'ing for cards in Jan that better of a chance to be approved!!!

:smileysurprised: no HPs? Did you pull all three CRs to check?

Congrats! :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 486 EQ, 529 TU, 518 EX 12/6/2011 (FICOS - lender pull)
Current Score: 595 EQ SW 1/10/13 628 TU08 1/10/2013 593 EX (BoA HP) 1/5/12
Goal Score: > 620
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge! | Diamond Spade Garden Club Member: App free since 7/2012
Valued Member
Dagansinferno

I spoke to an associate last night and was told if you app for multiple things, it will only count as one HP if in the same day. I'm new to NFCU, and last night: refinanced my car, my wife and I appd for nRewards(I have my own we appd for joint card), and Overdraft line of credit...all this only one HP so far has shown up on EQ and TU! {all approved, too...cut my car interest rate in half!!} I would rather eat ramen noodle and walk 20 miles to work rather than fall out of thier good graces :smileyhappy:
pizzadude

Dagansinferno wrote:
I spoke to an associate last night and was told if you app for multiple things, it will only count as one HP if in the same day. I'm new to NFCU, and last night: refinanced my car, my wife and I appd for nRewards(I have my own we appd for joint card), and Overdraft line of credit...all this only one HP so far has shown up on EQ and TU! {all approved, too...cut my car interest rate in half!!} I would rather eat ramen noodle and walk 20 miles to work rather than fall out of thier good graces :smileyhappy:

I agree that NFCU is great !   However the one inquiry situation is clearly a YMMV situation ~ most people who app for mulitple products have reported getting more than 1 HP.    Hopefully you'll squeak by with just one though....let us know !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Valued Contributor
rootpooty

op are you sure they didnt hp you. nfcu is hp happy. did you check both tu and eq reports?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 3k | BOFA 123 3k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 1800 | Walmart 1450 | Buckle 300

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred!
pizzadude

I had a NFCU CSR tell me that they don't pull credit when you sign up ( they did a HP on TU for me )....so just be aware that many times CSRs are misinformed....not just at NFCU, but across the board...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Established Contributor
2NE1

pizzadude wrote:

I had a NFCU CSR tell me that they don't pull credit when you sign up ( they did a HP on TU for me )....so just be aware that many times CSRs are misinformed....not just at NFCU, but across the board...

Same here! I applied two weeks ago and CSR told me she didn't need to HP my CR, I was happy to hear that, then last weekend I get a creditkarma alert that there's a HP, it was NFCU :smileyindifferent: and then I noticed that they SP'ed EQ too...

*sigh* I'm still waiting on my welcome letter.

Starting Score: 486 EQ, 529 TU, 518 EX 12/6/2011 (FICOS - lender pull)
Current Score: 595 EQ SW 1/10/13 628 TU08 1/10/2013 593 EX (BoA HP) 1/5/12
Goal Score: > 620
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge! | Diamond Spade Garden Club Member: App free since 7/2012
New Contributor
skyisthelimit

Ok, I read some of the comments; and I only monitor Experian.  The HP doesn't show up on it, I will be pullling all 3 around nov/dec to make sure there are no issues; since I will be asking for CLI on both and apping a month later for CHASE/CITI/AMEX  (The big boys!).  Well if they pull ex, they won't see a HP on that report.  Sorry I don't have the other two reports (extra $10 bucks!) lol.

Regular Contributor
mr_postman

I app for multiple things and i got 4 HP from navyfed :smileymad: it's ok i got 33,000 :smileyvery-happy:

NAVYFED luvs to pull HP

New Contributor
skyisthelimit

Mr_postman did they show up on EX?

Regular Contributor
mr_postman

skyisthelimit wrote:

Mr_postman did they show up on EX?

NO boss nothing on EX only EQ navyfed only pulls EQ here in CALIFORNIA

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+