cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI On Best Buy Store Card I Can't Believe It!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI On Best Buy Store Card I Can't Believe It!

I've had my Best Buy Store Card over a year I was told many times over this past year that my card would never get a CLI cause I was on the B plan an I was at the Max CL for that type of account. My CL was $600 so last night I'm checking my account online an I hit the luv button an was automatically increased to $800. Not much an I'm not sure if there was a glitch in the system but I will take it.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLI On Best Buy Store Card I Can't Believe It!

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had my Best Buy Store Card over a year I was told many times over this past year that my card would never get a CLI cause I was on the B plan an I was at the Max CL for that type of account. My CL was $600 so last night I'm checking my account online an I hit the luv button an was automatically increased to $800. Not much an I'm not sure if there was a glitch in the system but I will take it.

Congrats on the increase. I'll keep the good news between you and me. Best Buy will never know. Smiley Wink

(myfico)
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

CC interest free as of 8/09
Time can heal all wounds and a low FICO.
"Hello my name is Sandy and I'm a recovering crediholic".

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL
Message 3 of 13
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the increase.
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 4 of 13
virgoprincess823
Regular Contributor

I was just approved for a BB Card online yesterday, also on the "B" plan. $500 limit. I was truly expecting a decline or the 7-10 message. And I have a lot of inquiries recently. My scores aren't the best so I won't complain. Is it true you have to charge a little and payoff or they'll decrease your CL?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@virgoprincess823 wrote:
I was just approved for a BB Card online yesterday, also on the "B" plan. $500 limit. I was truly expecting a decline or the 7-10 message. And I have a lot of inquiries recently. My scores aren't the best so I won't complain. Is it true you have to charge a little and payoff or they'll decrease your CL?

That never happened to me an i don't charge much an i always PIF. Just make sure u use it every 2 or 3 months so they wont close it for inactivity.

Message 6 of 13
Woolfman
Established Contributor

no luck for me either im on plan B  started out with a 750 cl and still there . First day we got it we maxed it out . Paid it off two months later . Have used it quite a bit with PIF each month . No love . I have given up on it and will be just using it when needed. The DW is a Manager for Best buy . We got a deal on an End of life showfloor model stove for 499 delivered . Just enough to qualify for the 18 months no interest.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Woolfman wrote:
no luck for me either im on plan B  started out with a 750 cl and still there . First day we got it we maxed it out . Paid it off two months later . Have used it quite a bit with PIF each month . No love . I have given up on it and will be just using it when needed. The DW is a Manager for Best buy . We got a deal on an End of life showfloor model stove for 499 delivered . Just enough to qualify for the 18 months no interest.

How long have you had your account? I guess it was just luck with me cause i tried many times online in the past an would get the 7 to 10 days message following the letter in the mail stating I'm at the Max CL for my account type. My mouth dropped the other night when they granted me a CLI.

Message 8 of 13
Woolfman
Established Contributor

A year this month .  I have hit the love button every couple of months for it to instantly say sorry we cant do anything for you. When we got this card they offered us a RZ MC with it 500 CL  and have actually seen a CLI on that only 150 bucks but still .  Its just amazing how these companies work. This company wont give me anything. Yet a few months ago BOA more than doubled my CL from 1000 to 2500. Go figure Smiley Happy . One thing to mention It has bothered me enough that i have called them and the lady i spoke to told me i would have to apply again to see if i would qualify for plan A .  As of right now im not ready for that . Tons of inquiries on my reports (new car for the DW and a new house plus other cards sept and oct last year). FInally hit the year mark on most of them . But i will be waiting till next year to apply for anything . Cant wait Smiley Happy Hitting the losing bills to pay time of my life . Kid in school now . No more 530 a month day care. Few more months car paid off no more 450 car payment.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my Best Buy store CC for about 5 months before hitting the "luv" button.  My CL went from 800 to 1100. Since its a soft inquiry, it wouldnt hurt to just keep trying it once a month or so.
Message Edited by Kylan1234 on 10-26-2009 05:03 PM
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.