Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI Question

I had a quick question, i want to request a cli on my citi hilton honors card. I have a security freeze on all my credit reports does that mean they cant pull credit report when i request a cli online?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: CLI Question

They can because you're already a cardmember of Citi. 

Edited to add:  Do you know if Citi does a hard or soft?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a quick question, i want to request a cli on my citi hilton honors card. I have a security freeze on all my credit reports does that mean they cant pull credit report when i request a cli online?

They can only pull a soft report.  If they require hard pulls for CLIs, they're not going to approve you for customer initiated CLI.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean? If they dont approve me right away and once they send it to the credit department are they going to be able to pull a credit report even though it is frozen?

Message 4 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you mean? If they dont approve me right away and once they send it to the credit department are they going to be able to pull a credit report even though it is frozen?

Even though you already do business with them, by you having a freeze on your report(s), they won't be able to make a hard pull.  The system will only allow them a soft pull.  If their policy allow  CLI approvals based on soft inquiries fine. But if their policy require a hard pull for a customer initiated CLI, they won't approve you. 

Message 5 of 7
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Hmm, I recently got a CLI (user initiated) from Citi, and they didn't have to do a hard or soft pull to accept the increase. Of course, YMMV, so good luck!

ImageImageImage

Message 6 of 7
mark925
New Contributor

What I've done before that you can do is call up and say you're inquiring about getting a CLI on your account.  Make sure you tell them though that if it's going to be a hard pull that you do not want to go through with it.  After giving them your income, the sytem will tell the rep if you have a preapproved increase in the system.  If you do, take it and you're done with no pull done.  If not, it would require a hard pull.  At that point just tell them, no thanks and that's it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.