Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Request - Assistance Needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI Request - Assistance Needed

I have an orchard bank MC that i have had for over a year and i am looking for some help regarding the steps i should take to get a CLI. I have improved my EX score from 560 to 670 since i got the card and have made all my payments on time. I don't have any other cards open at this time so i'm hesitant to zero out the balance to use it as leverage that i am closing the account. Please post with any advice or ideas you may have for me.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI Request - Assistance Needed

Do not fool yourself into thinking that you have leverage by threatening to close the account.  Chances are they will say okay, and close it before you can stutter a retraction of your request.  Many posts here for Orchard have had this experience.

I had an Orchard to 1.5 years, my scores were 800 plus, my income 6 figure and they declined a CLI....I dumped them.  They are a builder card and if they give you a CLI it will not be due to any demands or leverage of closure.  Ask, if you get it, WOW!  But if you need or want the card, don't threaten to close if you are not prepared to immediately have it done on the phone as you speak the words.

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Some members have luck with calling the backdoor number listed in the stickied thread at the top of the forum.

I would advise threatening to close your account for leverage unless you are truly prepared to close the account. It could always backfire. 

Here we go again...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do not fool yourself into thinking that you have leverage by threatening to close the account.  Chances are they will say okay, and close it before you can stutter a retraction of your request.  Many posts here for Orchard have had this experience.

I had an Orchard to 1.5 years, my scores were 800 plus, my income 6 figure and they declined a CLI....I dumped them.  They are a builder card and if they give you a CLI it will not be due to any demands or leverage of closure.  Ask, if you get it, WOW!  But if you need or want the card, don't threaten to close if you are not prepared to immediately have it done on the phone as you speak the words.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick reply. I will give the backdoor number a shot and take tx's advice going forward.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.