Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Request without using the card

tag
Bsong
Regular Contributor

CLI Request without using the card

Hi All...

Just wondering, would it be possible to get a CLI if you DONT use the card? I have a Diamond Preferred card with a CL of $1000 and do not plan on using due to its small limit. I was planning on requesting a CLI after 6 months of having it but was wondering if I may get denied for never using it. 

As always, thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: CLI Request without using the card

@Bsong wrote:

Hi All...

Just wondering, would it be possible to get a CLI if you DONT use the card? I have a Diamond Preferred card with a CL of $1000 and do not plan on using due to its small limit. I was planning on requesting a CLI after 6 months of having it but was wondering if I may get denied for never using it. 

You have never used it? Why did you apply? Just curious?

I would say no chance of CLI IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Bsong wrote:

Hi All...

You have never used it? Why did you apply? Just curious?

I would say no chance of CLI IMHO

I applied for the card with the  intention of making a $2000 purchase on the card and take advatange of the 0% APR for 18 months. But, with the $1000 limit and a denial to increase due to it being a new account, I kinda dont have a use for it except that it lowers my UTI %. 

Message 3 of 5
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

It's frustrating isn't it. Some lenders don't seem to care about usage (Discover, PNC, FIA), but others do. Citi had no problem granting a 5,000 increase on a card I have had for six months and have not used since the first month, but I also had another card that I use heavily. If anything, you could try just charging a little bit to it a month so there can be some activity.

Message 4 of 5
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

It's frustrating isn't it. Some lenders don't seem to care about usage (Discover, PNC, FIA), but others do. Citi had no problem granting a 5,000 increase on a card I have had for six months and have not used since the first month, but I also had another card that I use heavily. If anything, you could try just charging a little bit to it a month so there can be some activity.

Frustrating indeed! I guess I'll just use the card once or twice and PIF before requesting a CLI. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.