Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 197
Registered: ‎05-11-2013
0

CLI Request without using the card

Hi All...

 

Just wondering, would it be possible to get a CLI if you DONT use the card? I have a Diamond Preferred card with a CL of $1000 and do not plan on using due to its small limit. I was planning on requesting a CLI after 6 months of having it but was wondering if I may get denied for never using it. 

 

As always, thanks in advance! 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 27,112
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: CLI Request without using the card


Bsong wrote:

Hi All...

 

Just wondering, would it be possible to get a CLI if you DONT use the card? I have a Diamond Preferred card with a CL of $1000 and do not plan on using due to its small limit. I was planning on requesting a CLI after 6 months of having it but was wondering if I may get denied for never using it. 

 

As always, thanks in advance! 


You have never used it? Why did you apply? Just curious?

I would say no chance of CLI IMHO

+ Chase ink =




Regular Contributor
Posts: 197
Registered: ‎05-11-2013
0

Re: CLI Request without using the card


myjourney wrote:

Bsong wrote:

Hi All...

 

Just wondering, would it be possible to get a CLI if you DONT use the card? I have a Diamond Preferred card with a CL of $1000 and do not plan on using due to its small limit. I was planning on requesting a CLI after 6 months of having it but was wondering if I may get denied for never using it. 

 

As always, thanks in advance! 


You have never used it? Why did you apply? Just curious?

I would say no chance of CLI IMHO


 

I applied for the card with the  intention of making a $2000 purchase on the card and take advatange of the 0% APR for 18 months. But, with the $1000 limit and a denial to increase due to it being a new account, I kinda dont have a use for it except that it lowers my UTI %. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,986
Registered: ‎01-24-2012
0

Re: CLI Request without using the card

It's frustrating isn't it. Some lenders don't seem to care about usage (Discover, PNC, FIA), but others do. Citi had no problem granting a 5,000 increase on a card I have had for six months and have not used since the first month, but I also had another card that I use heavily. If anything, you could try just charging a little bit to it a month so there can be some activity.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 197
Registered: ‎05-11-2013
0

Re: CLI Request without using the card


navigatethis12 wrote:

It's frustrating isn't it. Some lenders don't seem to care about usage (Discover, PNC, FIA), but others do. Citi had no problem granting a 5,000 increase on a card I have had for six months and have not used since the first month, but I also had another card that I use heavily. If anything, you could try just charging a little bit to it a month so there can be some activity.


Frustrating indeed! I guess I'll just use the card once or twice and PIF before requesting a CLI. 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.